Multi Gague - "Gauge of Eternal Coolness" :D

My friends, we are getting very close. The second prototype I built up is working. :woot:

Here is a short video of it:

[video=youtube;kBb43MtbaKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBb43MtbaKA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The software is just a simple test routine Christian made to verify the system is working with basic functions. Speed is being simulated by a simple variable-frequency square wave generator I made. I have a similar one for the RPM, but for some reason that part is not working quite right. Important thing is that this shows that the power supply, microprocessor, and display are all working well together.

There are a few minor issues to take care of on the board layout, but nothing major. I have the start of a working system for doing the SMT assembly in a semi-automated mode. Inexpensive stencils, solder paste, a vacuum-assisted manual part placement setup, and toaster oven for reflow.

Here's a pic of the board. Comparing it to the first prototype I built, where I soldered every part by hand, you can see that the new one has much nicer solder joints. There are a couple of spots where I had to do some rework, and it's not as pretty, but overall much nicer than the first one.

working_prototype_2015-04-09_02.jpg

It's getting much closer to reality now :)

By the way, there are more updates and some other useful information in the thread over on fz1oa.com. Here's the link. Start from page 63. Sorry I don't keep this one updated as often. Check in there once in a while to see more.

Sadly I see that there aren't any posts on the order thread. If you do not get a certain number of buys will you still make the final product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Dustin.

Yes, interest here is a little sparse. Not sure what to make of that, but rest assured - I'm proceeding with the build. Over on the other forum I have about 30 confirmed to buy. I need to build in batches of 50, and wanted to get at least 40 confirmed, but I'm going to risk it and proceed anyway. ferraiolo, you are on my order list, so don't worry. You'll get one :)

In case anyone does not know, here is the order thread. Post up there to get your on order.

Woohoo![emoji106][emoji106] I'm sure once newer people to the fz1 see them in action they will be looking for one like i was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a long time coming, but the US version of the MultiGauge is done. There has been a lot more action on this over there, so I'm sorry I haven't been here to update in a long time.

Here are some pics of the completed unit:

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

There are 5 different faceplates available:

IMG_0249-1.jpg

If you want one, or just have questions, please get in touch with me. PM me here, or direct email at patcashman at gmail dot com. I currently have 1 unit not spoken for, and expect a few more dropouts from the current order list. I will keep on making them as long as there is interest.

Back