My 2009 FZ1N

Lupin

Because I like doing this kind of thing. May as well share everything I'm doing or going to do to my FZ1.

I was actually in the market for a FZ8N however this one appeared close to home for much less than what others were going for.

I picked up the bike for a good price, after a short ride and a even shorter negotiation process, and this is how it is at the moment.

Photo%207-02-2015%2012%2041%2055%20pm.jpg

The bike has already been fitted with a few bits.

Vance and Hines CS one slip on.
Renthal bars
Bar end mirrors.
Short levers
-1 Front sprocket.
Crash sliders
A dead battery.
And lots of dirt and cobwebs, as it had been stored for while.

So in with a new battery to get it running and some fresh fuel.

Its going to get a good clean over the coming weeks and then I will get ready for roadworthy, it will need a set of tires to pass so will get that one the way.

On the way already for the bike I have, set of clear indicators, fender eliminator, Speedo healer, all the service items, and a decent air filter.

Also eyeing off lots of other parts and working out which path I want to take.

This might be slow going from now on as I really need to offload my Suziki to get all this finished.

Last edited:
If you ordered the K&N air filter, make sure it fits properly as there are a lot of issues with the filter not allowing the top of the airbox to screw down properly. I had to send mine back & order a BMC filter instead which fits perfectly.

Got a few bits on. Fitted a Yamaha helmet, got some clear indicators that are just junk so will track down some genuine ones now.

Also got me Leo Vince bits on.
001.jpg
005.jpg

Got some carbon side covers.

Photo%2018-04-2015%2012%2048%2022%20pm.jpg

Also have the eliminator all sorted and did the lars mod to the air box.

Need to get some more photos.

Great job on the mods....if i could make a suggestion i would get some carbon fiber heel guards...i did on mine because with all the black the aluminum color kinda stuck out like a sore thumb...keep up the good work...nice bike...

image.jpgIf you dont have passengers... taking the rear pegs and assembly off cleans up the rear section nicely...it doesnt look like your exhaust is bolted to it...heres a pic of mine when i first got it to let you see...since added heel guards...

So done the air box. Bmc filter. Copperdog flies and uploaded a tune. Now to decide what next. Wondering if to send the ecu off to Ivan over the winter or go with a auto tune instead.

I'd go for Ivan's flash with a custom map for our Aussie fuel and conditions. A full Yoshi system would complete the package.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Have no intention of changing the exhaust at this stage. I quite like the sound of the vance and Hines so it will stay.

Going to think about the ecu over the next couple of months.

Might buy some more carbon bits before that though.

Have no intention of changing the exhaust at this stage. I quite like the sound of the vance and Hines so it will stay.

Going to think about the ecu over the next couple of months.

Might buy some more carbon bits before that though.

Its the headers that make a real difference. You might want to set aside some $$ for a rear shock at least, suspension wise.

Well my headers look like crap for some reason. Seems the previous owner had something done to them as there no longer chrome.

DSCN0612.JPG

Photo 1-06-2015 1 49 40 pm.jpg

Had these turn up today. Thought for the price I would give them a go and if they turn out to be total crap then sell them off.

Will give them a good going over with loctite before they go anywhere near the bike.

Back