My Scorpion EXO-500 review

Hi everbody, as promised, here's my review!

Scorpion EXO-500 XL, Mate Black. I Bought it from sportbiketrackgear.com since my local bikeshop didn't had them. It took about a week (5 open days) to receive it. Great customer services, props to them!

First impression : Helmet came with its original box + the shipping box (that wasn't protected by styrofoam in the interior...) Helmet box moved freely insideand I didn't like it very well since it can scratch it and break it...

When I opened the box :
I found a nice, smooth and great looking helmet. It came with a black and yellow bag that is very nice. (As you can imagine, it also smelled very good :))

Having a look around it : It's a very user friendly helmet. Everything is simple, well explained and soft. Visor is easy to remove and internal sun visor is also really smooth.

Taking it for a first ride : I am 6'1 200pounds 21 year old male, my head has a normal shape (between oval and egg) and I ordered a XL. It fits PERFECTLY. Here's a good advice for you future buyers : Scorpion helmet are really small, so order a size bigger than your real size. At high speed, you barely hear the wind, it's really quiet. It's also light so you don't feel it. The internal sun-visor is, for my opinion, a bit too light but it works really great in direct sun-light.

Using the inflatable cheek pad : The helmet having a perfect fit, I don't need the inflatable cheekpad. I found it a bit useless. But I guess depending on head sizes, you might need it or not. It's very confortable with or without it.

Shipping from sportbiketrackgear : 7/10, they could have secure the box with styrofoam or plastic instead of leaving the helmet box moove freely. Shipping was reasonnable and customer service was excellent.

Helmet itself : 8/10. For 200$ US, you can't be wrong. It's comparable to a 500$ helmet. It's really a good deal.

Here's few pictures taken with my DSLR : (Sorry for quality of the last 2 picture, nikon was on manual mode and I forgot to ajust it)

90843899.jpg

25398064.jpg

96372133.jpg

70578393.jpg

22124024.jpg

Last edited:
I'm diggin' the matte finish on it and I love the flip-down sun visor. Every helmet should have that feature! Come on Shoei, get with the program!!!! I love my RF-1000 but switching out visors, especially now with Fall coming is a PITA! When I leave for work at 5:45am it is now very dark, however, when I'm coming back home, the sun is now lower in the sky and totally in my eyes the entire trip.

Thanks for the review. My bike came with an older icon helmet that sucks, it is very loud, and is not a perfect fit for my head.

I had heard before that Scorpion makes good helmets. My local shop carries the brand, I might need to go down and try a few on and see about picking on up soon.

Let us know how it works on your next few rides. I am very interested in the drop down sun visor, I hate wearing my sunglasses inside my helmet since I do not have another shield for mine.

I ended up buying this exact same helmet at my local shop for $219.00. I guess I could of saved $19.00 plus tax for buying online, but I did not feel like waiting.

I am very impressed with this helmet. I love the drop down sun shades, though I do wish they were a few shades darker.

I'm diggin' the matte finish on it and I love the flip-down sun visor. Every helmet should have that feature! Come on Shoei, get with the program!!!! I love my RF-1000 but switching out visors, especially now with Fall coming is a PITA! When I leave for work at 5:45am it is now very dark, however, when I'm coming back home, the sun is now lower in the sky and totally in my eyes the entire trip.

I've always hated deciding what visor to put on for each ride. So now I just stick with clear and keep a quality pair of sunglasses under the seat at all times.

Back