Need some new rubber

I ended up going with the Michelin pilot 2 tires. Revzilla is having a close out sale on them right now, they sound like they'll be well suited to the unpredictable weather here in Mass.

I put a set of Michelin pilot 4’s on my 08 last summer. Fantastic tires. Can’t say much about longevity yet as there’s only about 3000 miles on them. not showing much wear and unbelievable performance.

I put michelin road 5's on my bike . I put Michelin on my truck because they grip and last. I had a flat on my truck and michelin gave me $87 dollars credit toward a new tire because of the tread depth. I had no tire hazzard warranty no other tire company would do that

Looking to buy some new tires for my 01 fz1. What ya'll running?

Depends what you want from tyre and cost / wear rate.

I am currently running on Michellin Pilot 5’s. I ride high speed cornering. Very good. Pirelli Angels were previous tyre x 3 and were also good.

Put a set of Michelin road 5 GT's on yesterday. Went out for a short ride last night to scrub them in and already impressed. Very sticky tire and they build heat fast. The tire shop said the mileage on them is great too. On the higher end price wise. I hope they last.

I just installed Dunlop Roadsmart III tires today. Believe the hype! The best street tire I’ve experienced. Amazing edge grip, good braking and incredible steering-very light and precise. And the tires are not even broken in. Highly recommend.

Anyone ever try to find michelin commander III, cruiser tire class, for sport touring bikes? it would be nice to clock 30,000miles on a set of tires for touring.

No tire exists at this time that could last 30K on a sport or sport touring bike.
An FZ1 is more akin to an R1 than a Goldwing. By the time a tire has been in service for two years it’s time for replacement, high miles or low. I’m happy to get 5,000 miles on any set of tires.
Think on it; the only thing keeping your behind off the pavement are the two relatively small contact patches of rubber. No single component on your bike is more important than the tires.

when Michelin makes commander III in sport bike size. I’ll prove you wrong. The public roads is not a race track. I don’t ride like Fabio.

The most important component on the motorcycle is the rider.

I study engineering I try to understand some of the important physic application on a motorcycle.

I also went with the Michelin Road 5. Very expensive. Supposed to last 10,000 miles. Do it all tire, I needed tires the most and it really transformed the bike.

Back