Never again order from this place.

Customer service just emailed and said they are preparing my overnight shipment right now. So, I paid a week ago and they are shipping today.
I'm guessing they forgot to tell me they had none in stock in the first place. Oh well, too many other places to order from these days.

Mediocrity seems to be the rule instead of the exception these days. This isn't rocket science - someone just needs to be paying attention.

In this economic climate, stuff like this is equivalent to shooting yourself in the head.

it's hit and miss with many places... I've had great luck with MC Superstore in the past... got them to price match some tires for sale on eBay... which I was surprised they would actually do... but... yeah, anything is hit and miss these days... people don't know what customer service is.

I think these online stores are just offices that ship out of a central warehouse somewhere. Thats the reason that many times you order your item only to find out a week later that the item wasn't in stock. Most "brick and mortar" companies can tell you at the time the order is placed whether or not the item is in stock. I think it basically comes down to what item you've ordered. This is why some guys have good things to say while others don't. I myself look for establishments that have stores located nationwide. You may pay a couple of dollars more but the service and communication is much better.

Yes, the problem is that most of these companies only keep a few of the products in stock. The rest they drop ship from the manufacturer or the distributor. In this economic downturn this seems to be the case more and more. Nobody wants their money tied up in inventory. Unfortunately this isn't limited to the motorcycle industry as most online retailers have adopted this model...

I ordered my tires from them about a month ago and had no problems. Most of what I read indicated hat they are a decent place to deal with. Sorry to hear you had problems with them.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from them and had great service/prices/turn-around time. These places are expected to carry everything for everyone and that's simply impossible. It's amazing they can get the stuff as quick as they do and then get it to the customer. People shun the local dealer because he's too expensive then go on-line to get the cheapest price. Then they complain because it takes a week or so to get the part. Try to inventory a few hundred thousand parts and keep your price low. That's why everyone moved to the "just-in-time" delivery system. Not quite as convenient for the customer but less costly too. I've been there, you can only afford to inventory the stuff you know moves quickly. Maye we all need to plan a bit better and take a breath. Right now I'm trying to find a final drive flange for my 81 Wing. Looks like I'll be waiting for a few weeks or maybe a few months.

I've always had great service from them. The only time I had to wait on anything was when they didn't have it in stock. I knew there would be a wait because when I selected my size, the area right below color/size selection indicated that it would not ship for approx. 3 days. Also, unless they say it will ship same day, then you have to expect at least 1 day for processing.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. But one experience doesn't necessarily mean they are a bad company. Could have been human error, computer screw-up, lots of reasons.

You might try calling them and see if they will compensate you since you had to wait a week.

Not to thread jack, but I think KneeDraggers has made some changes. I ordered a part from them Thurs at around 1130 (est) with regular shipping and I had it Friday afternoon.

I've always had great service from them. The only time I had to wait on anything was when they didn't have it in stock. I knew there would be a wait because when I selected my size, the area right below color/size selection indicated that it would not ship for approx. 3 days. Also, unless they say it will ship same day, then you have to expect at least 1 day for processing.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. But one experience doesn't necessarily mean they are a bad company. Could have been human error, computer screw-up, lots of reasons.

You might try calling them and see if they will compensate you since you had to wait a week.

Not to thread jack, but I think KneeDraggers has made some changes. I ordered a part from them Thurs at around 1130 (est) with regular shipping and I had it Friday afternoon.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, I ordered a couple things last week from them and 2 days later I had it.

I just ordered a pair of tourmaster boots from them last Monday 7/20 and they were at my door when I came back from out of town on Thursday 7/23. I have had good success with them.

Sorry to hear you did not get the service you deserve/ordered. Next time order from PJ.

I think your experience was unfortunate but abnormal. Motorcycle Superstore has always done right by me. In fact, I just placed an order last weekend: shipping was free and I received my items yesterday-that's only the third business day after I placed my order. BTW, love my new Cortech-Super 14 liter Mag. tank bag. Fits the FZ1 tank far better than most tank bags.

Last edited:
Especially in these times, lower inventory means delays - the only way to deal with that is to call and verify they have it in-stock if you need it in a hurry...

Must be a glitch as I always buy from them. Last Tues bought tires, arrived two days later. Also, something doesn't fit, they pay for shipment back, if I recall, no questions asked.

Had some boots that I couldn't get to fit right and liked the way super handled the deal.

I think it took awhile for my motormaster rotors to come in. But they got here.

Don't give up on them.

Also, on that site, if it says 'in stock' I think you'll get it faster. If is say 'available' might be a little slower.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always call an online store's toll Free number to confirm availability of item. These guys can check their inventory and let you know if the item is available for immediate shipping. If you do this and still do not get the item in time, you can always ask that you be credited for them not keeping up on their end of the bargain. The credit part may be a hit or miss though

Just wanted to let you all know about an experience I had this month.

I purchased a Puig Touring windshield for my 2009 FZ1 from KneeDraggers.com - Sportbike Parts, Accessories, and Apparel - Home Page. After installing the windshield on my bike I noticed that there was a slight imperfection on the upper lefthand side. Not a major defect but once installed, when you look down directly upon the windshield it is noticeable. Noticable for a guy like me. It would have been negliable if I were to install the beading that comes with the windshield which I chose not to install.

I contacted Kneedraggers immediately to let them know of the situation.

Their initial response was to give it a few days in the sun thinking that they had packaged it incorrectly. I let them know that the packging was perfect and did not feel it was a Kneedragger packaging problem.

Within a day or two Kneedragger gave me an RMA (returned merchandise authorization) number and I returned the windshield. I received a replacement windshield free of charge within a few days.

This whole ordeal took less than two weeks including shipping to and fro.

The replacement windshield came and had the same defect as the original. God shoot me.

I personally feel that Kneedraggers handled my issue absolutlely and professionally and without question.

Although it is a shame that Puig does not have the required quality control processes in place, I feel Kneedraggers did all they could to make sure I was a happy customer.

Two thumbs up for Kneedraggers. :cheers:

Steve

Back