New 09 FZ1 owner!!

konrad23

Recently acquired an 09 FZ1 on trade, I intended to flip it and make some money on it.. Although now that I have had the pleasure of riding it, I've decided to keep it. I enjoy the nice riding position & control locations compared to traditional sport bikes. With that being said, the person I got this bike from didn't necessarily have the level of appreciation for their belongings as I do... LOL. It's been dropped on the clutch side & all of the fluids and brake pads were toast. After getting her home I swapped all fluids, filters & brake pads. Now that I have done the basic maintenance, I'm in need of some cosmetic things to bring the bike back to looking good. The fairing is pretty scratched up, and the crack case cover is scratched to deep to salvage (still functions, just ugly). I found the crank case cover on partzilla for $75, not a big issue but if someone has an extra & wouldn't mind letting it go, that'd be nice too.

Now as for the fairing, I seen online a guy on YouTube has a fairing eliminator kit, I found it on Ebay.. (or one similar) I like the look of it and think that style fits me better personally. I was curious if a windshield could be attached to this as well, if not it's not a huge problem, I also ride an Indian FTR1200S that does not have a windshield.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Headlight-...epid=0&hash=item2ac492268c:g:1wAAAOSwsnhZ5HWP

Has anyone done this? If so, what problems may I run into & if there is a place where I can get something similar to this for cheaper or a better one please share! Also, for those of you that have done this, please share pictures of the end result! Thanks guys and gals.

Thank you sir, although I must admit, The R1 and one of the Indians is not mine! Just a cool family picture.

That would be ma'am....lol but you never can tell, huh? ;)
Ours would have been like that too, but my husband just sold his KTM & I sold my Yamaha 225, so, we're down to 3 bikes now

Back