New Addition to Stable!

NJFZ1

Well I finally pulled the trigger and bought a bike I had always lusted after...meet BIG SMOKER :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bike runs good and had the top-end redone less than 2k miles ago. Cosmetically it's far from perfect, but I got a complete set of body panels including the gas tank. They also need painting, but have no cracks or broken tabs. Also got another set of forks, wheels and miscellaneous parts.

I'm going to ride it as is and will decide at a later time what to do about it cosmetically. Don't want to get myself into another project right now...the RZ350 is enough!

Last edited:
Awesome score Tony. I think you've got enough work to stay busy for a couple years now. What a nice score this is! :wow:

Can you please post some video of this running? Maybe in action? :cloud9:

Oh baby! That is sick!

You know what I noticed? The gauge cluster is identical to my FZ600! The only difference is the fuel gauge on mine is a temperature gauge on yours

How cool is that?

Listen! You really need to call me tonight. I'll be upstairs after 6:30pm. Don't forget pal!

Will do buddy :)

Awesome score Tony. I think you've got enough work to stay busy for a couple years now. What a nice score this is! :wow:

Can you please post some video of this running? Maybe in action? :cloud9:

I'll get some video of it running over the weekend if I can :)

Oh baby! That is sick!

You know what I noticed? The gauge cluster is identical to my FZ600! The only difference is the fuel gauge on mine is a temperature gauge on yours

How cool is that?

Yea, most Yamaha's of the mid-80s shared a lot of parts. I'm pretty sure wheels and brakes are probably similar as well.

That is a truly magnificent machine! I have lusted after those since the bike show when they introduced them.

Well Lee they are still relatively plentiful and affordable in Canada. Better get yourself one before they all come across the border to the US :D

What are the Horsepower specs on that madness? a v4 2-stoke 500... holy crap.

Also Ditto to the comments on wanting to hear it in action.

:sport12:

Well in stock form the HP numbers aren't that impressive. They were rated at around 90 HP from the factory and probably put out somewhere in the mid to high 70s at the rear wheel. However, it sounds phenomenal doing so :D

Bloody brilliant!

You'll get a shed load of smiles riding that. :D

The first time I started it up after getting it home put a big smile on my face. Loved the sound and seeing that 2-stroke smoke coming out of all four pipes. Can't wait to actually take it out on the road :D

So, I gotta ask this.....which of your bikes do you like the best?

Well I haven't really ridden the RZ500 yet, but I will probably go with the YZF1000 being my favorite so far. That bike always makes me smile when I take it out for a ride. I have the feeling the RZ500 will do the same :)

Back