New Cell Phone App for Motorcycle Riders

While doing an epic amount of laundry I started fooling around with my EVO and I came across an app called Drivesafe.ly It is an app that will announce the name of the person who is texting you as well as reading the text out loud. This is a HUGE advantage for someone who has gotten in the habit of texting while they are driving. LOL If you add a pair of headphones you now have a set up for your motorcycle. There is not a way to send a response by voice (A lot of phones can speak to text). There is a way to pre-program a response. You can type in what you would like to say and the app will send your pre-typed response.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjIzI7SjTwA]YouTube - Android Video Software Review - Drive Safe.ly[/ame]

I TOTALLY AGREE THAT TEXTING AND DRIVING IS WRONG!!!
It is a horrible idea!!! However, I'm honest enough to admit that I have done it while driving a cage. Now that my motorcycle is my most reliable means of transportation and life has dealt me a hand of cards that demands that I am in contact with my Mom's nursing home 24/7 - I have to be connected. The very young nurses in charge of my mother's care will text me any information that I need to know (permission papers, medical releases, etc) and I have to receive that information and most of it is time sensative. I used to have to limit my motorcycle rides or pull over every hour or so to check my cell phone. Now I can plug in a set of earphone and simply listen. No fumbling with buttons or touch screens - nothing!! Just drive!!! :)
This has been a very nice app so far. I agree with the video above - I would rate it 4.5 out of 5 stars and I would recommend this app to all my friends.
LOL I would like an option to respond to the texts because my phone allows me to speak text. However, I do understand that it is probably safer this way. OK- all that to say - Keep an open mind. You never know when this type of app may come in handy.

In any case - I will step off my soapbox and say that it is $10 for a year of service (which I think is fair) or $35 for a 4 phone subscription. I have tried several other of these apps and they suck!!! Flat out do not work. This is the first app that I have found that is fully functional. There are even a handful of features that allow you to change the voice that is reading the messages to you

Last edited:
:stirpot::icon_beer::stirpot::icon_beer:

LOL - OK - I stocked up on hopps and barley I began playing around with this app for a little while. I found a way that you can speak (audio commands) and return texts (using the speak to text feature). That means that you will have to have a set of speakers with the in ear microphone. Those are getting harder to find.

Last edited:
Back