New guy with pics and some ?'s

Picked up a '10 a week ago :)
-Does my ecu benefit from a re-flash? From what I read the 2010 ecu was reflashed .

-any other tips?

-My front seat does not sit/clip in the front properly. on the left of where it's supposed to clip in there's this big electrical piece that I feel is blocking it. Ideas?

Thx!

Last edited:
That thing you're pointing to is the servo motor housing for the EXUP or the exhaust valve right after the Cat. This is on all the Gen 2s so it shouldn't be blocking your seat.

The front tab of the seat nests under a tab from the back of the tank and then snaps on the back. If you seat is tilting it is because you have something under it and is pushing the side up.

That thing you're pointing to is the servo motor housing for the EXUP or the exhaust valve right after the Cat. This is on all the Gen 2s so it shouldn't be blocking your seat.

The front tab of the seat nests under a tab from the back of the tank and then snaps on the back. If you seat is tilting it is because you have something under it and is pushing the side up.

I cannot, for the life of me, get the seat tab to sit under the frame tab.....ughhhg lol

Looks like me OP got put back :flash:

-Do I have to verify every single post? lol

-So do I need a reflash with the '10 ecu?

-The po said the ecu was flashed to work with the slip on. He doesn't know who did that. Is there a way to see if it was flashed?

No. You do not put the seat under the frame. It goes under the gas tank, there's a metal tab that sticks out from the back of the tank, that is where the seat tab goes. Just like it's shown in the manual.. You have downloaded the manual if you didn't get one, did you?

No. You do not put the seat under the frame. It goes under the gas tank, there's a metal tab that sticks out from the back of the tank, that is where the seat tab goes. Just like it's shown in the manual.. You have downloaded the manual if you didn't get one, did you?
LOL yes yes I know. Thats what I meant. I cannot get 1 under 2

You would certainly benefit from a ecu flash. Looks like you have a AM exhaust. A list of current mods would be nice! There's tons of info here in the forums for possible mods.

You would certainly benefit from a ecu flash. Looks like you have a AM exhaust. A list of current mods would be nice! There's tons of info here in the forums for possible mods.

Why do I see people doing ex: Ivans flash then a Power commander??? I don't get that. Wouldn't a PCV just over ride the flash?

So far from what I see on the bike it has an FMF slip on...thats it.

Would gutting the cat and a kn really make a difference?

To check if/who flashed your ECU you can pull it our from under the airbox and see if it has a sticker and number engraved on it, most ECU flashers will put a number and their sticker on it.

The PCV controls the fuel over riding the flash fueling, the flash controls the timing, power, fan on & off and a heap of other stuff. Best option is to get a flashed ECU, then a PCV with a dynotuned map specific for your bike and mods on your bike. Every bike is different and the fueling in the ECU is a generic one designed for the bike it was set up for running those mods and their fuel, not your bike.

I'd personally start with suspension and getting that set up for your height/weight and learn to ride the new bike, then get the ECU flash and dynotune next season.

To check if/who flashed your ECU you can pull it our from under the airbox and see if it has a sticker and number engraved on it, most ECU flashers will put a number and their sticker on it.

The PCV controls the fuel over riding the flash fueling, the flash controls the timing, power, fan on & off and a heap of other stuff. Best option is to get a flashed ECU, then a PCV with a dynotuned map specific for your bike and mods on your bike. Every bike is different and the fueling in the ECU is a generic one designed for the bike it was set up for running those mods and their fuel, not your bike.

I'd personally start with suspension and getting that set up for your height/weight and learn to ride the new bike, then get the ECU flash and dynotune next season.

Awesome thx!

Be sure you have the rear portion of the seat as low as possible when trying to insert the front tab. Perhaps use a small file to deburr the lower rear edge of the metal tab that is behind the tank. Make it slightly rounded. Clean off any filings and then put a dab of grease on the under side of the tank tab, and the top side of the seat tab. That should do it, but if it really still won't go in, then use a large cresent wrench and bend the tank tab upward ever so slightly.

Good luck.

Back