New Member 2009 FZ1n Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All

I have just joined so this is my first post but have a few things I need help with. I have just purchased a 2009 FZ1n my first question is about the ecu mapping I have been told that these machines had problems in the early days with low down torque and were fixed by using a power commander and new exhaust slip mainly on 2006 2007 models, is this the case and has this been fixed on these later models or should I investigate further???????????

Secondly I am looking to buy some parts for the bike for safety and style but could do with some advice on quality price and your own personnel experiance, plus any additional information is always welcomed to improve my knowledge.

I am looking for a small fly scree crash protectors/bungs (not sure which ones are essential with regards to the bugs and which ones would be classed mor for decoration). Plus a belly pan and tail tidy.

With the above items I want the bike to look great but at a reasonable cost, any experiance you might have with any of this would be much appreciated plus anything else you think I might need to consider that I have not mentioned.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my message.

Welcome

Firstly Welcome aboard! Even on the later Gen II you can wake up the engine with a few mods. The search feature is your friend there. Go to the Forum tab, then to Mods (Gen II) Eric has put together a good starting list. As far as the crash bobbins, etc. there has been lots of threads about those, complete with links, again use the search tab, and enjoy the info that has come before. There is lots of good reading if you take the time.:icon_beer:

Here is a link to get you started: http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/7114-gen-ii-mods-start-here.html

Last edited:
Welcome, welcome, welcome!

I don't think you'll have too many problems with the 2009 ECU. I heard a lot of reports of problems with the 2006 fuel mapping so when I purchased my 2007 I expected serious problems. There weren't any.

I added a slip-on and PCIII USB, and that certainly pepped up the bike. I will say neither of these upgrades resolved the dreaded popping on decel that many get.

I can recommend the Woodcraft Frame Sliders and Driven Axle Block Sliders as nice options that will protect your bike. The Driven sliders replace your existing Axle Blocks and allow replaceable swingarm sliders to be installed, and the blocks are available in several colors.

We'd love to see some pics! Good luck with your mods and feel free to post any additonal questions after searching the mods threads.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice it is a big help and thanks for clearing up the ecu question, I will post some pictures in the near future as soon as I have some of the mods up and running.

Back