New member with special request.

McHoss

Hi everyone.
This is a post that I’ve dreaded writing and more importantly hoped I’d never have to.
My very good friend and riding buddy passed away last month. He’d had heart issues and needed a transplant, the operation was not successful. He and I talked a lot about what to do with his bikes if anything should happen to him and that I would be tasked with selling them for his wife/widow. He may have been a member here, his name is Jason (Jay) and he lived in New Brunswick, Canada.
I would like to get as much background on his bike that I can from the group. It’s a 2012 FZ-1 but he had tons of mods so that’s where it gets tricky. To name a few…
Öhlins shock
Öhlins fork inserts
Ivan’s ECU flash
Brembo brakes incl lever
Rear sets (not sure brand)
Rizoma Risers
Rizoma Bars
Rizoma Mirrors
Yamaha Saddle bags
Sargent seat
Etc etc.
His wishes were that I remove all the aftermarket parts and sell them separately. It’s all new as most of the mods were done over last winter and we never got out riding this year.

Sorry for such a long winded and less than joyful first post.
I ride a Kawasaki ZRX1200R so I’m familiar with pricing and mods for those bikes but the FZ world is new to me.

Thank you,
Mike

Sorry to hear of your loss. The second gen FZ1 is a great reliable all round bike. Some photos would be nice, if you are trying to sell those upgrades.

Sorry to hear of your loss. The second gen FZ1 is a great reliable all round bike. Some photos would be nice, if you are trying to sell those upgrades.
I will put up photos for sure. I’m picking the bike up today. Most of the upgrades have zero miles on them.
mom looking for values of them to be honest. What they are worth on their own vs as a whole still on the bike.

I am sorry for your loss, I'm sure riding season he will be watching you from above.

An additional thought would be time to sell individually, vs all on the bike. It could take a year or more to sell some speciality parts, but if they are all on the bike you only get 50% value, but you are done with it.

I am sorry for your loss, I'm sure riding season he will be watching you from above.

An additional thought would be time to sell individually, vs all on the bike. It could take a year or more to sell some speciality parts, but if they are all on the bike you only get 50% value, but you are done with it.
Yes, I have thought about that. One thing I hadn’t thought about was the ECU flash and new exhaust he has. It’s a full Yoshimura with a CF pipe. Will the ECU be affected by swapping back to the stock exhaust?

Back