New Trailer Decking

I also have a trailer with 12" rims and have always wondered if they are capable of sustained speeds on the highway --- heat, etc.

I use it to haul trash.

Just picked mine up today. I got the 1175 pound capacity folding trailer with the 12" rims. It was on sale for $299 and I used a 20% off coupon printed from the link below. I was a little worried about whether the coupon was valid but it took! Can't beat $239 for this!!!!!!!!!!

2q9h2ea.jpg

I've got one just like it, have had it for a couple years now. For an inexpensive 4X8 trailer they are surprisingly solid and they trac true. I hauled a Goldwing from northern Michigan to Bowling Green, KY and back two years ago expressway all the way and no problem at all. I made mine non-folding for a little more stiffness and also bolted the deck to all the crossmembers then I coated both sides and the fram in truck bed liner. I let it set outside without a cover and it's still in grea shape. A single sheet of plywood fits the frame perfectly.

Just picked mine up today. I got the 1175 pound capacity folding trailer with the 12" rims. It was on sale for $299 and I used a 20% off coupon printed from the link below. I was a little worried about whether the coupon was valid but it took! Can't beat $239 for this!!!!!!!!!!

2q9h2ea.jpg

Great Score Brad! That's the one I'm going to get before the Summer gets here. Maybe you can do a thread during the build. I love that trailer, and 12" wheels to boot!

I got the non folding one with the highest capacity a few years ago for the price of the highest capacity folding one. With a little more knowledge now, I'll probably chance the flooring on mine at some point.

I like the bedliner thing though. Mine is in the garage now but might be getting booted outside to make room for my VX800 and my brother's kz1000p (since his wife doesn't want it in their garage any more. he won't get rid of that woman no matter how much I argue for it!) very soon.

Great Score Brad! That's the one I'm going to get before the Summer gets here. Maybe you can do a thread during the build. I love that trailer, and 12" wheels to boot!

Well I did not see your suggestion until I was almost done. I can tell you it would be the most boring build thready ever. Not a single gotcha or revelation I can think of even noting.

Here are all the parts layed out on an oold comforter to keep things from getting scratched. Chelsea, our ridgeback mix, was helping me out.
5581d1300061979-new-trailer-decking-dsc02685.jpg

Here it is just about complete. I need to do the wiring for the lights and the decking next weekend.
5582d1300061979-new-trailer-decking-dsc02687.jpg

Last edited:
Well I did not see your suggestion until I was almost done. I can tell you it would be the most boring build thready ever. Not a single gotcha or revelation I can think of even noting.

Here are all the parts layed out on an oold comforter to keep things from getting scratched. Chelsea, our ridgeback mix, was helping me out.
5581d1300061979-new-trailer-decking-dsc02685.jpg

Here is is just about complete. I need to do the wiring for the lights and the decking next weekend.
5582d1300061979-new-trailer-decking-dsc02687.jpg

They may be boring to some but I enjoy a good project no matter what it may be, home, auto, bike, etc. Thanks for the pics though Brad. I am now definitely getting one of these baby's! At that price you couldn't possibly go wrong, and because I work at the lumber yard, I'd pay next to nothing for a sheet of 3/4" Marine Ply!

What is the suggested width trailer for 2 motorcycles? I know the one i like but its 2,200.00 +shipping, But can only haul cycles nothing else.(But then the in-laws won't want to borrow it)

What is the suggested width trailer for 2 motorcycles? I know the one i like but its 2,200.00 +shipping, But can only haul cycles nothing else.(But then the in-laws won't want to borrow it)

I'm not sure but I thought it was about the weight capacity. When Tony and I went to Deal's Gap, we had both our bikes on a 5x10 with siderails on it. With one bike forward and the other backwards, I'd imagine you'd be able to fit them side by side the same way we did it. I'll have to measure my bike's width at the widest point not including the handlebars to see what I get.

Back