New York Motorcycle Show

Is anyone going down to the Javits Center for the 09' Motorcycle Show?
The dates are Jan. 16th, 17th, and 18th. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I'll be there for Sunday for sure. Got my tickets already.

Yea, I know the feeling. My sister is coming up from Florida on business that weekend and somehow I always get dragged into helping. I work in lower Manhattan. A few of us are planning on sneaking out early on Friday and heading up to the show. We'll have to cpmpare notes afterwards. Have fun.
Steve

I wonder if they will have any live shows? I remember 2 years back they had that trail bike show set up, where the rider climbs up obstacles without ever putting his feet down. That was pretty cool. Anyway, yeah, I am taking the camera along so I'll post some pics Sunday evening. Have a good time.

FZ1riderNY
Did you make it to the show? I went on Friday. I had a great time. The place was pretty quiet. I think the cold weather kept a lot of people away. I was hailing a cab for about 5 minutes and I was so cold I decided if I had to wait another 3 minutes I was going to skip it. Luckily a cab came by.

I wasn't in the market for anything so I came away with my wallet none the lighter. I just bought some shield defogger. I wanted to get a Yamaha Tee-shirt but I couldn't find anything good.

I sat on bunch of bikes. I have to admit, I walked away totally covinced the FZ1 was the right choice for me.

I'm curious about how many manufacturers showed up. From what I've heard about the 2009 Detroit Auto show, several Manufacturers decided not to attend. I think BMW was one. When the economy really sucks everyone looks for a way to save a few bucks. I also heard a lot of the frills were missing as well.

FZ1riderNY
Did you make it to the show? I went on Friday. I had a great time. The place was pretty quiet. I think the cold weather kept a lot of people away. I was hailing a cab for about 5 minutes and I was so cold I decided if I had to wait another 3 minutes I was going to skip it. Luckily a cab came by.

I wasn't in the market for anything so I came away with my wallet none the lighter. I just bought some shield defogger. I wanted to get a Yamaha Tee-shirt but I couldn't find anything good.

I sat on bunch of bikes. I have to admit, I walked away totally covinced the FZ1 was the right choice for me.

Steve, believe it or not, I suffered a big Heart Attack early Thursday morning. Thank God my son acted quick and had the ambulance there and me on the way to the hospital. I had my Main Artery Blocked at both ends. They inserted the stents and I feel much better now. I just got home yesterday, however, my friend still went and was nice enough to pick up my son first. He took lots of pics for me to see when he got home. The nicest one being this one:
dcp_4395.jpg

Here are a couple more:

dcp_4375.jpg

dcp_4373.jpg

He had a blast down there. I was sad that I couldn't go but the pictures were the next best thing. I just have to worry about getting healthy for the 09' riding season. Take care buddy!

Wow !! Glad to hear you're OK! That must have been scary as all hell. It was literally a blessing your son was there with you to get help. I'm wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.

Those are great pictures. I didn't see Dee when I was there.

Steve, believe it or not, I suffered a big Heart Attack early Thursday morning. Thank God my son acted quick and had the ambulance there and me on the way to the hospital. I had my Main Artery Blocked at both ends. They inserted the stents and I feel much better now. I just got home yesterday.... I just have to worry about getting healthy for the 09' riding season. .....!

Take care buddy!! Maintain your engine with care !

Thanks guys, I am currently on the mend. Started exercising yesterday as a matter of fact and have lost 9 lbs already in two weeks. By Spring I may be getting better gas mileage if I lose enough weight. A win, win situation.

Just don't push it! If your body give you signs, listen to 'em! I had an apendectemy and was fit as a fiddle. Pushed myself, and ended up taking 2 extra weeks to heal. Not a major piece of equiptment, mind you, but nonetheless....

BroHay

You can say that again. How are you doing Adam? How is that job going? Good I hope. Everythings cool on this end. Just waiting for Spring. Sunday will be 42 degees here in NY. The doctor gave me the okay to put the calipers back on the bike. I'll get my son to help bleed the system. If everything goes well, I will have the rear caliper off and upstairs to do the prep and paint.

Back