Nexx XR1R Helmet

Peter1968

Nexx XR1R Helmet opinions wanted

I was hoping someone on the forum could offer me some feedback about this helmet, I have been looking for a new helmet, I currently wear a Shoei RF1000and was going to buy an RF1100, but I honestly cant find a graphic I like. I started searching other brands and came accross this Nexx helmet. The reviews all seem positive, weight, fit, vision, airflow all seem above average. I always ride with ear plugs so noise is not a factor in my decision. If anyone can offer some feed back on this brand I would very much appreciate it.

Nexx XR1R Cafe Helmet - RevZilla

Last edited:
never heard of em,,, but that means nothing

dropped by web page Open Face Helmets | Motorcycle Helmets | Scooter Helmets

kinda pricy...dunno but like the old bell ad, if you have a $10 head wear a $10 helmet.

on that note check Bell ,they do have a decent line-up as of late.
i have an icon i really like ,scorpions..ok ,a bell revolver...not enough ride time yet, and an old kbc i love ,and will hate to retire this year,,, ya i know...kbc right? :embarrased:
anyway.... :2cents:

I have tried the RX-Q and it does not fit my head well I would have to go with a Signet-Q it is a much better fit for me. I am considering that as well, I am really impressed by the weight of the XR1R carbon 1200 grams less than 3 lbs it also fits very similar to the Shoei RF, that is why I think I am going to give it a try.

I have tried the RX-Q and it does not fit my head well I would have to go with a Signet-Q it is a much better fit for me. I am considering that as well, I am really impressed by the weight of the XR1R carbon 1200 grams less than 3 lbs it also fits very similar to the Shoei RF, that is why I think I am going to give it a try.

Yup cant go wrong. I had a Bell Star Cerwinske Carbon helmet and it was amazing but my buddy's Nexx was even lighter than my all carbon fiber star.

I think the video says it all and I've dealt with these guys, they are very good. As far as graphics go, they change so quickly no one can keep up. Personally I've gone with solid colors that match my ride and for my 2 cents, they have a more mature appearance,

Thanks lonerider I prefer some kind of graphic, but I don't disagree solids give you more options with your bikes and a more mature look.

I drove to Philly last weekend to try on the Nexx since it is not that far and I am very disapointed the Nexx helmet creates a pressure point within a couple of minutes of being on the shell shape does not work for me, oh well. So I decided to get a proper fitment form the Revzilla staff and it turns out the Arai RX-Q does fit me well I just had the wrong size, it can be a tough decision these days with all of the different brands and option I became very confused. I took the week and did some reading of reviews etc.

Yesterday afternoon I decided to buy the Arai RX-Q DNA in black from my local dealer who treats me well, I really like it and hope that it performs as well as my Shoie did. I have not had a chance to ride with it yet but I plan to try today I hope the rain holds off for most of the day here in the east.

Thanks for all of the input I really appreciate it

Back