No Changes for 2013

atleast, it is still around. I think they feel it is performing well enough against the Ninja 1000 so why change. Playing it too safe I must say. Kawasaki is the only progressive Jap maker out there...

The ninja is nice but not as much top end power and the insurance is crazy which is why I went with the FZ1 again, I searched everywhere for a leftover in either cobalt blue or black and found a leftover 07 in cobalt blue, it figures they would bring that color back right after I got mine, o well at least my insurance is lower as it is older

I hate to say it, but Yamaha is boring. Eight years of the same thing??? Maybe the R6 will at least be tweaked?

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

I hate to say it, but Yamaha is boring. Eight years of the same thing??? Maybe the R6 will at least be tweaked?

Sad to say..but the R6 is a direct repeat as well. Yamaha has been known to withhold models from the initial release so who's to say that there may be a "special-edition". Doubtful...:waiting:

Suzuki and Yamaha are stale. Suzuki face-lifted the V-Strom and that's about it.

They're going to have to do something or Kawasaki will wipe the floor with them this coming spring.

The FZ1 is very, very long in the tooth. Most dealers don't even stock them, at least that is what I find. I stopped at Chapparal Cycle in San Bernadino, CA in July and if anyone has seen their showroom they usually have multiple examples of each bike on the floor (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki) in all colors available. Not even one FZ1 on the floor. Hey Yamaha dealers, here is a hint, YOU CAN'T SELL WHAT YOU DON'T STOCK. Pretty pathetic, I can't see that they sell that many of these.....it's a stale model. The m/c business must really suck for Yamaha....they don't introduce anything new.

Last edited:
I know we've all talked about this before, however the Europeans have much more dynamic lineup than the Japanese makers.

Cobalt Blue? COBALT BLUE???

I want a new one. DANG. That is sweet. A dealer salesman said it's going away. He's had two Gen I and is on his 2nd Gen II FZ1. Doesn't look like its discontinued to me.

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Mmmmmhh Yamaha could have used the new R1 engine and placed it in the Fz1, together with a better rear suspension it would have been a much better bike. Maybe they need more time to develop something new. On the other hand I read that most of the money is done in asian market with very small bikes you can not even buy here.

If BMW or the italians would be more reliable Yamaha would be really in trouble. They lost anyway large parts of the European market in the last 3 years and since they do not respond to the challenge of the the S1000RR they will not sell many R1s anymore.

Well, the S1000RR is currently on recall for engine bolt problems.

(Additionally, my buddy's ZX10R was in the shop for a recall on oil leak. Let's see, the 1199 Panigale has an ECU issue (may not be recall, but I know someone who is dealing with it))

My CBR? 6K miles and perfect :tup:

Last edited:
Well, the S1000RR is currently on recall for engine bolt problems.

(Additionally, my buddy's ZX10R was in the shop for a recall on oil leak. Let's see, the 1199 Panigale has an ECU issue (may not be recall, but I know someone who is dealing with it))

My CBR? 6K miles and perfect :tup:

Hey, hey, wait a second... Your 2012 CBR is basically the same as the 2008 CBR and that bad boy had a whole bunch of serious recalls! :angel:

Be fair! :)

You guys should just go the sportbike route ;) The R1 is new. Or just go with the superbike of superbikes. CBR!!! :D:

I'm way past the torture rack position on full blown sportbikes. That's the whole idea behind a more sane riding position with bikes like the FZ1 ..... potent motor, good handling with good comfort. But Yamaha is being forced into a Goundhog Day position due to lousy economics.

Hey, hey, wait a second... Your 2012 CBR is basically the same as the 2008 CBR and that bad boy had a whole bunch of serious recalls! :angel:

Be fair! :)

You are VERY wrong bud, sorry. ;)

CBR engine changed from 07 to 08. The 08 had an issue with oil burning that was recalled and changed for the 09 model. Also something with the clutch, that was also resoved. Not really a "bunch" of recalls, is it? Was it more? IF so, it was corrected. And many still ride it after it was fixed. A guy was on an 08 at Texas world speedway last week.

The 2012 is a different bike. Very different. Suspension-front and rear, swingarm, steering damper, frame, module, fairings, wheels, slipper clutch, + other stuff. All different. I challenge you to go ride one and see how smooth it is!! I ride with guys on ZX10, GXSR, RSV4, R1, S1000R, KTM, other year CBR's and I assure you---the 2012 CBR takes no backseat with a skilled rider in the twisties of the TX hill country.........regardless of what some magazine might say. Check out Stefan Bradl on one at Laguna Seca on youtube ;)

Back