FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
for riding!

This is very sad to say but I've had the 2013 bike since I bought it new with zero miles for one year now. Last night, I managed to crest 2,020 miles on the ODO... one year.... I've never owned a bike and put so few miles on it!

Life happened, so much going on right now that weekends have been tied up with either planned events, sudden travel, work-related projects or home projects in preparation for the move to Texas. I told Michele that when we settle on a house in TX, it BETTER NOT need any work done. I want to unpack, get on the bike and get lost... TomTom will get me back home!

Hope you all are having a great summer (or winter for our southern hemisphere riders!) and getting in a lot of safe miles!

Sometimes life gets in the way but that bike will always be there and ready for you! Looking forward to some ride reports from you, maybe over the winter now that you're in a place with a civilized winter!

for riding!

This is very sad to say but I've had the 2013 bike since I bought it new with zero miles for one year now. Last night, I managed to crest 2,020 miles on the ODO... one year.... I've never owned a bike and put so few miles on it!

Life happened, so much going on right now that weekends have been tied up with either planned events, sudden travel, work-related projects or home projects in preparation for the move to Texas. I told Michele that when we settle on a house in TX, it BETTER NOT need any work done. I want to unpack, get on the bike and get lost... TomTom will get me back home!

Hope you all are having a great summer (or winter for our southern hemisphere riders!) and getting in a lot of safe miles!

We hope to be the first ones you ride with in Tx....we have nothing but time...

We hope to be the first ones you ride with in Tx....we have nothing but time...

Less than 2 hrs away from our intended home, yes! I'll be less than 30 minutes from Hellgate too! There will be a few hill country weekends!

Dustin said:
Sometimes life gets in the way but that bike will always be there and ready for you! Looking forward to some ride reports from you, maybe over the winter now that you're in a place with a civilized winter!

She sure is! It just sits on the Battery Tender and she is patient. I get to commute with the bike once or twice a week just to keep the gas from going stale. Once in TX, I plan on becoming an explorer and covering a lot of ground.

Our plans are still in play... we have a couple new issues to sort out that is pushing us back a month or two. If the house doesn't sell quickly, I may be stuck here through the winter :rant: while the women are sunning in TX.:p I will get there...just not as soon as originally planned. :waiting:

Send your bike to me, I'll flog it every chance I get. Opps I mean it will be ridden to church on Sundays only. When you get moved just fly to Ca and ride it home.

Problem solved!

for riding!

Dustin, your time will come I am sure and you will enjoy it.
Do not forget the adage: life is what happens while you make other plans.

My schedule was full too, but a month ago I said the heck with it, I bought this beautiful '03 and as they say, life has not been the same...
Even though it has been Florida hot this summer (with special extreme heat warning from the national weather service, as if normal summers were not hot enough), I decided to ride my bike every chance I got, starting with my 24 mile round trip commute and throwing in an extra trip back home for lunch (maybe not the brightest idea, riding at noon...) With all the little extra errands that I always volunteer for (my wife likes it...) and always taking the long way back home, I have managed to put 1,200 miles on it in the 4 weeks since I bought it.
I think the grin is permanently imprinted in my face :)

Today I installed a headlight modulator and a temperature gauge for the radiator. I want to see how long it takes for the engine to warm up in the morning, and make sure the fan is running when necessary.

I also installed a louder horn while I was behind the fairing.

Blew a fuse in the process...

I have also ordered new front blinkers/running lights (right now I have aftermarket units that do not have the running lights)

Didier

sent from my Moto-X on Tapatalk

Went through that precisely when we got a house and fixing it took most of the time. Now back to normal schedule, taking multi-day trips, 400+ mile day rides and 150 mile weekend rides. Still 20k miles on FZ1 in 6 years, 2.5k miles on daytona in 2 years.

Holy crap, FZ1inNH will be Cobalt, then FZ1inNH again and then FZ1inTX. So confusing. Good luck with the move. Now I have no east coast haven... LOL. I'd love a TX meet up.

Back