Noisy clutch

Have noticed some noise from the engine figured it was just the plastic on the rad until I noticed it goes away when i pull the clutch. Tightened the cable but no joy noise still remains. Any one have/had this problem or are the clutches normally this noisy at 1.5K 08 bike....does the warranty cover clutches????

on a newer bike, it's common to have some noises until everything really gets broken in. I'm willing to bet that after an oil change, it'll be silent.... Then, the oil will get a few miles on it, and the noise can be heard again... over time, the clutch plates will rattle back and forth in the basket, cutting small grooves into the basket which will allow them to rattle back and forth a bit more. It's nothing to really worry about, just a minor annoyance. I've noticed this problem on almost every bike I've owned.

And unless there is a manufacturing defect in the basket, warranty does not cover "wear and tear" items like clutches, brakes, and tires.

Took the bike to the dealer and they said it was normal for these engines to make noise while cool as it has an injector that oils the plates from the sump. The noise does go away after the bike warms up I left it to be checked out anyway. He also said that if there was something wrong with the clutch they will replace it no problem. Getting it dynoed while its there as well to see power before any mods.....

Back