Norwalk Drag Strip - Friday

A couple of my friends and I are planning to go to Summit Motorsports Park (drag strip near Norwalk, OH) on Friday evening for "Test and Tune" night. My understanding is that it's about $12 and you get to run the drag strip a few times. I've never done anything like this before (hell, even my street launches are usually pretty lame), but I'm looking forward to it.

It's open to "just about anything with two or more wheels" so if you're looking for a potentially fun evening, come on out. I'll be on the slower Granite Gray Gen II.

Dang I sold my bike at the begining of the month. You will have a great time, they have a great staff and a lot of good people show up to race. Look for signs for racers entrance its kind of at the back of the track. On t&t they run two classes: slick tire and dot. They will anounce over the loud speaker what the pits are open too. you get one run every time they call your class. If you are unsure of anything just ask a official they will help you. when they call dot tire just go to the staging lanes and give the guy your card to punch and he will tell you what lane to go in.
the track is super sticky so be careful and good luck.
Dont forget they sell 1 pound of hand diped ice cream for $1.
T&T is open to anything that will safely go down the track. I have seen rc cars race.
You will need a jacket, gloves, and a helmet. they say over the ankle boots but alot of people race in shoes. People also race in jeans.

Last edited:
Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions. My bike is bone-stock from a performance standpoint, so it will provide a good baseline for any performance mods I eventually do.

The weather isn't exactly looking perfect, either.

Still, I scheduled a vacation day (don't tell my wife) and will try to get down there in plenty of time to catch the first race.

Sounds like fun Clyde. I have never drag raced any of my bikes (but did plenty of times my cars).

Just remember it's all in the launch ;)

Back