O.C.C. Ride Pics From Today

Three of us, me, Tony(NJFZ1), and Josh, rode up to Orange County Choppers in Newburgh, NY. We met up on 9W North where we stretched our legs first and then headed up past West Point and some beautiful scenery. In no time our "FZ1 Caravan" rolled into the OCC Headquarters. I think it was Tony and Josh's first time up there. It was probably my 20th time that I've gone. We took pics and video and was surprised to see Paul Sr. and his wife Beth in the shop fiddling with the bikes. I saw Sr. don his leather coat so we ran outside and were able to take some pictures with him and shoot some video of them riding away. We headed over for a bite to eat where we had some good conversation as always, and then started back home. I had a great time as usual. The weather was downright smoldering for November and the ride was excellent. Here are the pics from todays ride. I want to thank Tony and Josh, who I met for the first time today, for coming along. Josh had a GenI Bumble Bee which looked awesome with the carbon fiber fender, hugger, airbox covers, and side panels. The checkered chin spoiler was also great. Thanks again for the company. I hope it wasn't our last ride together this year. Next time I'll head over to Jersey so we can ride on your side.

The meet-up point......
MeetingPoint.jpg

In front of OCC Headquarters
OCCHeadquarters.jpg

FZ1sonParade.jpg

OutsideOCC.jpg

The rear of the David Mann Bike...
DavidMannBike2.jpg

Rick's Bike
RicksBike.jpg

The Ducati Bike.....
DucatiBike.jpg

The POW/MIA rear tire complete with "barbwire" spokes...
POWMIABike.jpg

Some bikes out in the parking lot.....
SportbikeCorner.jpg

Paul Senior fiddling around in the shop.....
SrWorking.jpg

Paul Senior and wife Beth getting ready to scoot.....
SrandBeth.jpg

Not before me jumping in for one shot.......
BillyandSr.jpg

I had a good time today. I can't wait for the next ride!!

Great times Billy! That is awesome that Sr was there with his wife! I saw the video on FB too. :D

I rode today as well, put on about 160 miles, 100 of them with the wife on her bike. Beautiful day for it!

As usual had a great time riding with Billy and Josh. The weather was great for riding. A little chilly as I set out this morning, but with proper gear it wasn't a problem. Warmed up to the point I had to take off the thermal shirt at lunch time! Hopefully there is still more riding this season :D

It was my first time up to OCC (well I had gone once before years ago, but it had been closed). Very impressive craftsmanship on some of those bikes. And the coolest part was actually seeing Paul Sr in person. Josh and I were in the showroom when we saw him ride in. Let me tell you TV cameras definitely add some weight because I was expecting him to be a lot bigger than he was...lol

Our bikes:
IMG_1029.jpg

Suicide shifter (my favorite):
IMG_1016.jpg

Paul Sr in the shop:
IMG_1027.jpg

When they were getting ready to leave:
IMG_1031.jpg

I felt like a giant standing next to him since his bike was so low...lol
IMG_1032.jpg

What, have you and Tony been working out.....guess since Sr. does not have as much tv time, so has his need for the gym.....

WOW!!! It dont get any cooler than that!
I would love to have been there. Nice ride and good Pics.

Hey Dave! Good to see you in there. For everyone that doesn't know, Dave (EarlZach) is the gentleman, and dear friend who sold me the FZ1. Fortunately for me, it wasn't just a business transaction. We have become good friends. He is the proud owner of the new and awesome VMAX, which I was fortunate enough to be able to ride while we met up down in Jersey during the AMA Superbike Weekend. Both David and his dad (who also rides), are wonderful people and I am honored to have been able to become friends with them.

Hey Dave, this coming Spring, it's a must that you ride up one weekend and ride up with us to OCC. You'd love the bikes there. Until then you can live vicariously through us and our photos!

nice pictures. Actually I love their series I can watch on TV now recently. It's great to see that you guys can meet and see him.

on a footnote, I'd love to come over to the States and plan a trip (I'll use the tested/trialled trips Wolftamer is riding ;) and watch/visit/ride in person some nice places/roads you all are showing here on the forum...putting some money aside would ofcourse help to realise this plan
:thinking:

nice pictures. Actually I love their series I can watch on TV now recently. It's great to see that you guys can meet and see him.

on a footnote, I'd love to come over to the States and plan a trip (I'll use the tested/trialled trips Wolftamer is riding ;) and watch/visit/ride in person some nice places/roads you all are showing here on the forum...putting some money aside would ofcourse help to realise this plan

Well just make sure you come over in the summer if you're planning to visit the Northeast US and let us know in advance. Some of us might be able to meet up and go for a ride with you.

Well with the exchange rate what it is it is much easier for you to come see us than the other way around. :) We are a cheap holiday.

Thanks for sharing

Great photos. It's nice to see Paul Sr. is down to earth enough to meet with you guys. I do watch the show. What was the lowest cost bike on their sales floor?

Rent in Canada

That is a problem. Unlike the U.K. sport bikes are not readily available for rent. Just about all you can rent here is a Harleys or Buells.

You can rent sport bikes in Canada. Supersports are harder to find, but Sport touring like FJR, etc. no problem. Our dollar is a bit cheaper, better for exchange. Might have to check into rules about border crossing on a rental.

Great photos. It's nice to see Paul Sr. is down to earth enough to meet with you guys. I do watch the show. What was the lowest cost bike on their sales floor?

Well, I gotta tell you that he's not that "down to earth" so don't let the photos fool you. I met him when my son was just turning 5 years old and the show was just a pilot episode. Back then he was just awesome. He took pictures with my son and was joking around with him for quite a while. I'll have to find the photos to show you. That was then. Now he his totally full of himself. He was however, on his best behavior that day which I attribute to two things. Number one, his wife was there standing next to him, and two, business is lousy and things are bad so the only ones left to support him are his fans. Now if you want to meet some really cool guys, go hang out with Vinny and Cody who left the show and have their own shop right down the road from OCC. Now they know how to treat their fans. I have literally hung out them in their shop at least three times already. They are regular guys who like to talk bikes and regular stuff. Rick from OCC is also a cool guy who I have met over at Vinny's place where he was hanging out during his lunch time. I'll try and find some pics later when I get home.

Didn't see any prices on the bikes that were in the showroom floor so I am not sure if they were for sale or not.

I'm sorry, I went out on a tangent and forgot to answer the second part of your question. When they did have prices on the showrrom bikes, the lowest I remember was about $19,500 before any tax, prep, freight, etc. You can however see the available bikes on their website. They have prices listed there. They also have dealerships in Florida and I think Arizona. I believe that there is a link to the dealer's websites as well.
www.orangecountychoppers.com

If that was my kind of bike (which it isn't), I would rather by a Fatboy for 18 grand and be done with it. At least on a Fatboy you could travel in comfort.

Back