October 2, 2010 - Half Day Austin Hill Country Ride

October 2, 2010 Shredded Brisket Half Day Ride - Texas Hill Country

:thewave:

There's a little Tex-mex joint in Buda that has the best Mexican Shredded Brisket dinner that I've ever eaten. It is just amazingly delicious! And well worth driving down to Buda just for a taste. It's that good.

Also, I know some fantastic county roads in this part of the hill country that are perfect for day rides. Though these twisty strips of goodness are all paved most are narrow little county roads that are lightly populated with minimal amounts of traffic, which means you can peg the fun meter while riding them. You'd have to go all the way to the 3 Twisted Sisters to find better roads than these. Really. No kidding.

What say we combine two things adventure riders love - fun riding and good eats - and go for a 1/2 day ride in the hill country, finishing up around noon at that wonderful little Tex-mex place in Buda for some shredded brisket?

If you are interested, meet me in the Planet Fitness parking lot next to Jim's Restaurant in Oak Hill (7101 Hwy 71 West, Austin, TX 78735) at 8:45 a.m. on Saturday morning, Oct 2nd with a full tank of gas. Stands up at 9 a.m.

We will loop west, then south, riding those divine little roads for about 3 hours. We will end up at Chavelo's Restaurant in Buda (108 N Austin St, Buda, TX 78610) where you can eat to your heart's content (I'm going to enjoy a cold ice tea and a scrumptious plate of that delectable shredded brisket).

There won't be any dirt but there will definitely be some roads with questionable pavement and there might be a water crossing or two.

If the turnout is gigantic, we will divide and conquer - break into a few smaller groups, all riding the same route.

Let's ride.

Weather: I will check the forecast and make the go/ no go call on Friday evening. If bad weather (i.e. rain) is expected for Saturday then we will do the ride on Sunday, Oct 3rd, assuming the weather cooperates.

UPDATE

30 riders showed up...we concluded the ride in Buda at a Mexican restaurant.

1030914200_BkeUp-L.jpg

Last edited:
Back