***Official 2010 Deals Gap Thread*** (Updated OP)

The 2010 Deals Gap Meet is set in stone!

Where: Tail of the Dragon Vacation Rentals near Cherohala Skyway and Deals Gap GPS = N35 20.195 W83 53.440

When: Sept 17th through the 26th 2010

Cost:
Lodging came to $166.13 per person for 10 days, 9 nights! This was based on 8 confirmed people. The price is to be paid up front and is non-refundable for these first 8 people. You will have to find a replacement and collect your refund from them. We'll do what we can to help your search but cannot guarantee a body. We can take 10 in the house and there is room for people to use the garage which has a sink, fridge and a 1/2 bath with a couple pullouts. Any extra people would pay the same amount with their money being used for the groceries (Breakfast and dinners only). If one of you outside of the original 8 cannot make it, we will refund you and have to pitch out money for groceries.

Who: Thus far, 7 confirmed but no one will be there the whole 10 days. They are as follows - Billy(FZ1riderNY), Tony(NJFZ1), Tony's friend Vadim, David(Earlzach) and his Dad, Harry, Joe (Currently), a friend of Eric) is in as well as Crazyjoe!

UPDATE: We now have open slots at the $166.13 per person. Please contact FZ1inNH for details!

We have room for three more people per night if you'd like to stop over for one to three nights. $30 a night per person for stragglers and they go in the garage. That will be the final offer and it is limited to 3 per night, 1st come, 1st served. Meals are not included unless all 8 original paid members are paid back, then this money will go toward groceries and gratuity for Ron and Nancy. You will be expected to chip in for your food if any dropouts of the 8 originals are not fully reimbursed. Please PM me with the nights planned and I will forward my paypal addy. Only pre-paid/scheduled guests... no walk-ins please. ;)

In planning is the meals and grocery list by Billy. Billy is a good cook but others are needed to help! Add to Billy's GREAT start for a list! Billy, do you want to go so far as a menu plan (simple one that rotates every few nights is fine)???

Some things that are not too expensive but can make great meals:

Dinner Stuff

White Rice/Brown Rice
Beans
Pasta (Ragu, some sausage and spaghetti is a quick meal!)
Thin Steaks (Very good yet cheap)
Whole Kernel Corn
Chicken Cutlets
Pork chops
Onions
Hamburgers
Franks
French Fries or Potatos or Mashed
Broccoli
Peas and Carrots
String Beans
Gravy

Breakfast Foods:

Eggs
Bacon
Sausage (beef or pork)
Pancakes
Bread for French Toast
Oatmeal
Syrup for above
Cereals (Special K, Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran, Cheerios, etc.)
English Muffins (Breakfast sandwiches)
Boil extra taters on tater nights for home fries in the AM?

Drinks:

Water
Sprite Zero
Coke/Pepsi Products
Coffee (LOTS!)
Juices (Prune for the geriatric crowd? ) Haha!
Hot Chocolate
Orange Juice
Apple Juice
Green Tea
Lipton Tea
Gatorade
Powerade

Some of the "ins and outs"

Please read this is you've never been on the Dragon. Great tips not only for the Dragon but many area roads! Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC

Earlzach and his Dad Harry will take the other but will be leaving before the second weekend. Vadim, Tony and Billy will be in the biggest room with the 3 twin beds. We can fit two roll-away beds as well. There is a lot of space in the garage to sleep too.

The county is a DRY county. If you intend to drink alcohol, bring in what you will be consuming as it is miles to the first available store to buy any. Warning, we will intervene if we think you have alcohol in your system and you intend to ride. We will not let someone be needlessly injured or worse! Why? Because we CARE!

We're all there to have fun. There will be small groups, pairs and even individuals that will be going in all directions daily. We're looking for at least one, maybe two full group rides if possible with one photo op for as many as can be there in a single given day. No one is going to dictate your vacation time or tell you when and where to ride. Eric has a few routes on his GPS that he'll share and others are welcome to do the same. If you don't have a GPS, check with the members and see the routes for the next day and pick one to tag along with or, just head out and explore!

Let's all go have fun and meet new friends!

Last edited by a moderator:
You planning for a full week???

The i-bmw group of BMW k1200 riders will be in Robinsville Sept 23-26. We usually have 30-60 riders depending on the weather. Maybe we can hook up as a group for a meal [or a day ride].

You planning for a full week???

The i-bmw group of BMW k1200 riders will be in Robinsville Sept 23-26. We usually have 30-60 riders depending on the weather. Maybe we can hook up as a group for a meal [or a day ride].

I'm not sure about the others but I'm pretty sure that Tony (NJFZ1) and I will be down for the entire week. I would assume that most others will be too since the rate we are trying to get will be a weekly rate. I'd love to meet up!

Billy, that week sounds good for me as well. I may not stay the entire week but I'll chip in my share for a week. BTW, I have a great enclosed 2 bike trailer so I can pick up you or someone else on the way down.

Billy, that week sounds good for me as well. I may not stay the entire week but I'll chip in my share for a week. BTW, I have a great enclosed 2 bike trailer so I can pick up you or someone else on the way down.

That sounds awesome Norm. If this all goes together it will be a blast meeting all you guys. I think we have a great group here on this forum which should make for an awesome time! Let's see what others have to say about that week. I'm pumped up for this.

Thanks for kicking off the official thread Billy!

I have to talk to my friends in Michigan first as they were already planning on that week for a vacation with us. We'd also discussed an Aug vacation so we may do that then we'd be able to make this meet.

For now, I'm "tentative" but I'll pipe up when I know one way or the other. :D I also have a very good friend who lives a few hours away in TN and rides this area all the time. I'm sure he'd love to join us for a ride or two! (Don't make fun of his SV650, k guys? ;) )

Thanks for kicking off the official thread Billy!

I have to talk to my friends in Michigan first as they were already planning on that week for a vacation with us. We'd also discussed an Aug vacation so we may do that then we'd be able to make this meet.

For now, I'm "tentative" but I'll pipe up when I know one way or the other. :D I also have a very good friend who lives a few hours away in TN and rides this area all the time. I'm sure he'd love to join us for a ride or two! (Don't make fun of his SV650, k guys? ;) )

Sounds good Eric, thanks. I guess the sooner we come to an agreement on the time frame the better. Then we can get the deposit money to you and be able to rest a little easier knowing that we're locked in.

FZ1inNH said:
Ok, so this weekend, I'll start an official meet thread and get folks signed up. If we get more than the place can handle, we can expand to one of their other lodges and rent two. I will talk to the wife but I think I can swing payment for the place and have everyone pay me. I'll post details and rules just like the FZ6 folks did.

I may have to scratch that week in Sept I mentioned. It is actually that week that we have been planning to take with another couple elsewhere. Let me look into availability for lodging and get back to this...

Who's a definite "Will be there" candidate based on pricing?

1. FZ1inNH (Eric)
2. Mrs. FZ1inNH (Michele)
3. FZ1riderNY (Billy) I will still need to know the week though.
4. Norm- I'll need to know the week as well
5. NJFZ1 (Tony) Either of those weeks in September work for me.
6. EarlZach (David)
7. Harry (David's Dad)
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?

Just a reminder... I did say that I'm not likely for that week. I am still working on it but not guaranteed. If not then someone else will have to step forward and take responsibility for reserving and collecting from all. Give me one more week, ok?

Thanks guys! I'm going to push the other vacation for Aug so we can make this Sept one. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats fine Eric. We'd really like you there. If for some reason you can't then I guess you can give me all the info I need and I'll set it up. But take the week to decide cause we really want you there!

What kind of place will we be in for such a low weekly rate per? That sounds to good to be true. I will talk to my pop. We will trailer down for sure. And not sure if the whole week will work for us but at that price we would pay our weeks fee. That is not a problem. I will let you know. Tell mwe when you want money and solid on the date. (to the best of your knowlage that is)

:scared0016: Oh and dont pick on me either. lol

I really wish I could make it out there. That is right about the same time as my 10 year anniversary. Unless my wife starts riding, and riding well, we won't make it. :(

I think we are a GO for this from the 18th to the 26th (possible the 17th in case of early arrivals.

Tail of the Dragon Vacation Rentals near Cherohala Skyway and Deals Gap is the place. I have sent an email to the owner Ron asking to confirm the dates and rate. Once I have the final bill, I'll post up the cost per individual. I can tell you that the wife and I will likely be taking the Queen sleeper sofa. Check out the digs!

More to come as I develop this.... :D

Say the word baby!!!! It looks as though we have almost enough people. Earlzach and his dad will probably be going as well. Post up as soon as you hear from them and we'll seal the deal with everyone. Thanks Eric.

YES PLEASE POST UP!! lol

We want in. We might not be able to stay the entire week but will pay for it. I will trailer down my pop and I. I only have room for two bikes.
If anyone else would need trailer assistance we have another trailer that would hold one bike.
And of course if anyone is interested in it we will sell it. It is nice for everything. Al treated wood. With ramps. Tagged in NJ.
And we can throw in a decent wheel chock.

YES PLEASE POST UP!! lol

We want in. We might not be able to stay the entire week but will pay for it. I will trailer down my pop and I. I only have room for two bikes.
If anyone else would need trailer assistance we have another trailer that would hold one bike.
And of course if anyone is interested in it we will sell it. It is nice for everything. Al treated wood. With ramps. Tagged in NJ.
And we can throw in a decent wheel chock.

I'm so happy that you and your dad will be going. It's going to be great spending some quality time with you guys! I'm sure that Richie and I will see you long before the trip. Good luck with the trailer. Maybe you should post it in the "for sale" section with some snapshots.

I'm so happy that you and your dad will be going. It's going to be great spending some quality time with you guys! I'm sure that Richie and I will see you long before the trip. Good luck with the trailer. Maybe you should post it in the "for sale" section with some snapshots.

Good Idea. It is all treated wood so if I get time I will pressure wash it and snap off a couple.

For $550.00 It will come with BRAND NEW Wheel Chock. Mounted if buyer wishes.

Back