Offroad fun at Hidden Falls Adventure Park

We headed for Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls Texas this weaken. We rented a cabin for 5 of us and had a great time. They have over 200 miles of trails, varied landscapes and all difficulty levels. Our own Pyrogenic (Jeff) joined me along with a few other friends.

http://hiddenfallsadventurepark.

Unfortunately my bike was not ready so I had to secure a loaner bike. It was a little TW200 but I have to tell you. That little bike got us through everything thrown in front of us.

I apologize in advance. I had so much fun out there that I hardly took any photos even though I had my camera with me every where we went. I have plenty of video though but that will take a day or two to put together.

We mostly did the ATV trails with the exception of a Lvl3 section of the North loop that just kept getting worse and worse. Once it couldn't get any worse, ...it got worse. But we were proud to have done it.

My Car Loaded up with Jeff's KTM.

Jeff Loaded up with Perry and Glenn's Bikes

TW200 Generously loaned to us By RobertK of LoneStar BWM/Triumph

Perry's Bike Before we knew it wouldn't work.

Glenn's new to him DR350

My Buddy Phil out on the trails

Glenn at the mountain top.

Jeff at the mountain top with campgrounds in the background.

Phil's KLR resting after our first outing.

Chad's Race Bike - DannyBoy brought this out Saturday morning for Perry to use after he had so many problems with his Suzuki.

Chad's RaceBike

Another shot of Robert's awesome little TW200

Glenn's WipeOut

Glenn's Wipeout

Perry made a KTM stand upside down.

We waited at the bottom of this hill for 10 minutes before we came back up to find this. Poor Perry just gave up trying to right this on his own. It is good to have friends on the trail with you.

Last edited:
Cont.

Take that off any sweet jumps? Me on Glenn's DR350

One more of me on Glenn's bike.

Glenn on his Dr350.

Jeff out on the trails.

Phil out on the trails.

Jeff out on the trails.

Shameless selfie.....

Phil riding some more out on the trails.

Out on the trails.

Phil riding some more out on the trails.

Perry's massive breakfast tacos. He would not have ordered three if he knew they would be this big.

Parry after eating aforementioned tacos! ;)

Jeff at breakfast.

Glenn at breakfast.

All the damage. This one was easy to fix!

Nails out in the woods?

Hillbilly bike repair.

Jeff's ktm waiting for his rubber.

Lost lots of levers this weekend!

Those big loose rocks scare the bejesus of me.....my first time out on dirt, we went over a pass called Italian Creek. Thought I was going to die!

Looks like fun

I hope your buddies took some shots to. It would be nice to see some shots of you riding. I rarely have pictures of me, since I tend to be the photographer on group rides.

Thanks for sharing!

Looks like you need a smaller bike for that kind of stuff. I've been drooling over the idea of getting one of KTM's new 1190 Adventures, but I fear that it will be too big to do the really fun stuff. I want it mostly so I can go to Alaska, but I want to do trails, rough camping, and that sort of thing too. Oh yeah, and TAT. I'm thinking that the 1190 will be too big for that too though.

Thanks for sharing!

Looks like you need a smaller bike for that kind of stuff. I've been drooling over the idea of getting one of KTM's new 1190 Adventures, but I fear that it will be too big to do the really fun stuff. I want it mostly so I can go to Alaska, but I want to do trails, rough camping, and that sort of thing too. Oh yeah, and TAT. I'm thinking that the 1190 will be too big for that too though.

I almost took my Tiger out there when I found out my DRZ was not going to be ready in time. I think my Tiger could have done all but one of the trails we did and I really need the practice on it. Certainly plenty of fun stuff to do at this place on a bigger bike as long as you stay away from the single track. Just keep your speed up and don't stop. ;)

The largest bikes in our group were a KLR 650 and a KTM LC4 (650). The KLR is about 35 lbs. heavier. The KTM did the hard trail.

Hand Guards

Hand Guards make falling over much less costly in the long run. I can't remember how many times I have dropped my bike off road, and the KLR before it. Never once damaged a lever.

How did Jeff like the Leatt pressure suit?

Hand Guards make falling over much less costly in the long run. I can't remember how many times I have dropped my bike off road, and the KLR before it. Never once damaged a lever.

How did Jeff like the Leatt pressure suit?

The ones that broke had no guards or the guards were cheap without a metal brace.

I think Jeff liked it. He certainly tested it enough! ;)

The ones that broke had no guards or the guards were cheap without a metal brace.

I think Jeff liked it. He certainly tested it enough! ;)

This is what I used on the KLR: - ZETA RACING -

Acerbis and Moose Racing also make good ones.

The real test of a pressure suit and Knee guards is; Do you feel all beat up and bruised at the end of the day. If the answer is no, then it is good stuff.

Back