Oh Dear, I've done a bad thing - There's an Orange monster in my garage now ...

Strider7

Long story short, I took delivery of a new 2015 KTM 1190 Adventure today. Air filters are on order to deal with the air box issue - so I haven't yet ridden the bike.

A friend and former crew mate has a brother that works a side job at a moto dealership here (they are both Houston Firefighters like me). Well, while visiting his brother at the dealership to grab a X-mas gift for their dad, he spies the KTMs and sends me some pics, teasing that he's "found my new bike". Some texts later, he's asked his brother what they cost, and told me that the 2014 1190 ADV they have is going for $12,600. I ask about the gray 2015, and it's $13,600. After nosing around on their website, I see that the bike is $3,100 cheaper than normal, and KTM is throwing in nearly $800 in jacket and pants. This is all too much to handle, and so the next day I'm at the credit union inquiring about a loan. I've never seen these bikes sell for that low - NEW. So I bought it. I was planning on getting one anyway, just not yet. It was $15,413 OTD, a pretty good price I think.

Crash bars, bash plate, bags, and other mods will have to come later - for now I'll just ride it as it is, once the new air filters are installed.

Pics ...

It's getting crowded in here ... The SV650 will have to go in the spring time.

Nice! I test rode the 1190 a month ago, nice bike but for me it's just too big and heavy compared to my 990 Supermoto. If you have half as much fun on your new bike as I have in the last 3 years and 25,000 miles on the 990 you will be one happy camper.

Screw waiting for the air filters, go ride the snot out of it on the pavement. You won't hurt the bike if you stay out of the dirt.

Back