Ohlins rear shock replacement

New to this forum. I have a 2014 plate FZ1NA bought new. The bike frame number and engine number suggests its circa 2011. Looking for an Ohlins with separate gas chamber. What is correct shock part number for bike? Fox racing say deliver in 9 months time from Ohlins (they build to order). Any help here would be grateful.

Hey Zippy.
Shock choice is dependent on what activities you want to do and how much you want to spend.
Not sure if the pricing is the same in the UK, but Ohlins are very expensive here in Australia.

Penske and Nitro can be cheaper alternatives, but you need to have the correct spring for your weight, plus extra to include adjustment for adding luggage.
Another option is an R1 shock with a Satan adapter.

Are you fixed on the Ohlins choice, plus what are your plans for the bike?

Thanks Andy

Yeah I am fixed on Ohlins. Rode on then before. Will get front springs/suspension set up at same time. I need correct part number. These seem to vary. Don’t want to buy wrong shock.

I don’t tour. I just scratch round corners. Should no better at my age (57).

Hi Zippy,
With the Abs version there is no space for the gas chamber, you need the ohlins with the piggy back and if you like the preload adjuster separate.
All the Abs models has the Abs central unit close to the upper point of the shock mount.
Also change the right side under seat panel, but that is a different story.
Good luck

Found model type Mounting Instruction for FZ1NA. Same for FZ8

Model YA042
Date2010-11-09
Category: Street Performance Description Yamaha FZ1/ FZ8 ABS

Back