Oil is leaking after oil pan refitting

Hello every one. I'm Japanese and bought my FZ1(2006) last year. I decided to post here because this bike is not so popular in Japan and because of the reason there are really few informations in internet. I'm sorry first if my English was not so good. So, I tell the background of the problem. As all FZ1 owners already worry about generater, I had same worrying and at the same time I wanted to check starter clutch. When I removed generater rotor I dropped some small parts in the crank case..... so I decided to replace the oil pan and pick them up. I found them in oil pan. and I refitted that. this time I used liquid gasket for the fitting. I fulled the oil and checked the jointed surface, the oil was not leaked from where I used liquid gasket. Ok. that's perfect. I started the motor and I could find oil leaking at the moment....
the leaking was from oil pan little bit and little bit. I checked the oil pan and the leaking point was the hole which is onto the exhaust pipes. I found I forgot the bolt, but that was not. I opened the oil pan again and checked how get out the oil. At the hole which oil leaked a copper pipe with 2 orings connected. I thought, maybe this o-ring made bad so, I checked them. and I found the crack at an O-ring which is Oil-pump side(uppeside of the copper pipe). So, my first quetion is because of the crack the oil leaked out??? I tested the side of oil pan with a few oils and from there oil was't leaked. And someone knows the O-rings parts-number? I saw the website of Yamaha but the rings was not drawn at the picture and of course no numbers. My secound question is : I should check also the oil&water pumps ? In researching about my problem, I am afraid to check out that, as they are the source of headaches for the owners of this bike. Until the removal of this oil pan, there were no oil or coolant leaks at all. If you guys could answer some of my questions, I would be very grateful for that help!

First, your English is much better than many "native speakers" here in the States! 😆 👍

Second, I would suspect the liquid gasket is the issue and would much rather have the OEM gasket instead.

Third, pics are usually a great help when trying to diagnose problems over the internet.

Hope you are able to get it fixed easily!

First, your English is much better than many "native speakers" here in the States! 😆 👍

Second, I would suspect the liquid gasket is the issue and would much rather have the OEM gasket instead.

Third, pics are usually a great help when trying to diagnose problems over the internet.

Hope you are able to get it fixed easily!
Thank you for your advices and the compliment for my English 🙈
So, I got gasket from OEM today , so we will see. And I changed the o rings which I mentioned. And I took the pictures of them. But I can't upload on this board...

I'm waiting gasket now. For making sure I ordered also the pipe and o-rings. The pipe on the side that connects to the pump is not perfectly circular but oval. I assume this could be the cause of leaking... I haven't touched the inside of gas pan before this problem. it could happen that the pipe naturally transformed???I wanted upload the pictures but with my smartphone the funktion doesn't work :/

The pipe on the side that connects to the pump is not perfectly circular but oval. I assume this could be the cause of leaking... I haven't touched the inside of gas pan before this problem. it could happen that the pipe naturally transformed???I wanted upload the pictures but with my smartphone the funktion doesn't work :/

I've learned that just about anything is possible, so I'm interested to find out!

I'm old so I don't keep up with tech very well. I send my phone pics to my desktop and upload from there...

Back