Over Nighter CA-36

IMG_1075_zps87b2ebfe.jpg

Look for these two, they were pushing Crown Royal in the liguor dept. when I was gassing up a few weeks ago. They love old guys on fast bikes.

Be sure to get pictures at the sign.

Not this time but I have in the past. I forgot to check inside the store for the Crown Girls..lol dang it. You are welcome Marek I had fun. I am trying to work Friday into the plans it would be fun.

Another great day riding... Took Hwy 3 North to the intersection with the East Side Rd. Than back down to 299 and took that all the way to the coast. Only got rained on in couple spots on 3 but stayed dry after 12:00. 3 had some gravel on it around the Trinity Lake, 299 was pretty much clean - one construction spot. Should be nice tomorrow so more riding ahead.

Thats the one. For me, its a 12 hr / 500 mile day. But its sooooo worth it!
Nothin against hwy 36, but this is my favorite. Probably because I don't have to do any "slabin" to get there. Hwys 49 & 89 gets me to Quincy, and that's a great combo.

Last edited:
I think we are going to plan something in a month or so on the weekend. It is about 1 1/2 hour for me to get to Oroville so it will be a long day also. I am going to try to talk a few buddies to go along. BTW I love all the roads around where I live it is a awesome place to ride. I like 36 but it is not my favorite either..

Your area is definitely a great place to ride. Been up there a few times.

The last time, our group met up in Quincy. Did Bucks Lake Rd, hit 5 to 36, then went north of Wildwood and found a beautiful little campground that had NO ONE on Memorial day. And that was just day 1 of 3.

Nice! yeah everybody around here heads to the lake on Memorial weekend(not me). There are some nice camp spots up on 36. Hope we can get together for a ride some day. Have fun. btw the Wildwood store burned down this winter. I loved stopping in there :(

I had no idea about the store! Im bummed. I always made it a point to stop in when going by.

Id like to hook up with you & your buds for Quincy shenanigans.
Give me a heads up when you get a date.

Last edited:
I think we are going to plan something in a month or so on the weekend. It is about 1 1/2 hour for me to get to Oroville so it will be a long day also. I am going to try to talk a few buddies to go along. BTW I love all the roads around where I live it is a awesome place to ride. I like 36 but it is not my favorite either..

Hey - it is not your favorite because you are so spoiled by your awesome roads ;) but I have to say that after riding 96, 36 is now my second favorite too. Looking forward to the Oroville rides!

Back