Overflowing Carb

Just pulled the carb on my 04 FZ1. It was overflowing when running, replaced all 4 float bowl gaskets, replaced the needle valve and seat on all 4. And checked the float height and adjusted them all. Put it back in, now #2 carb is the only one overflowing. Didn't think about it until just a few minutes ago, but gonna give it a few taps to see if the float is stuck. Any other suggestions? Saw something about possibly replacing the petcock diaphragm? Or am I stuck pulling them again and try redoing #2 again?

Probably gonna end up pulling 'em again. Gotta be something with the float or valve. check the o-ring on the float valve seat. That's usually where I've found leaks. I put those in with a little Vasoline to help the o-ring from pinching or rolling.

No need to reinstall the carbs to see if they are going to leak, turn them upside down and check with a Mitivac to see if they hold pressure. If one fails to hold 2 to 3 lbs of constant pressure, it's going to leak fuel. I check them before putting the bowls back on. A leak can easily be found then with soapy water and a spray bottle.

No need to reinstall the carbs to see if they are going to leak, turn them upside down and check with a Mitivac to see if they hold pressure. If one fails to hold 2 to 3 lbs of constant pressure, it's going to leak fuel. I check them before putting the bowls back on. A leak can easily be found then with soapy water and a spray bottle.
Good thinkin. Ima start doing that.

Back