paint

would i have to sand the chassis of my bike to paint it looks like it is rough enough for the paint to stick to and has anyone painted the chassis
im going to try to use spray paint the good kind and going to take my time or might use rust doc paint then spray it
whats the best thing to do
and whats the best stuff to use
trying to paint the tank and fairings black and the frame camo

Without breaking the bank, good rustoleum should do the trick for the frame, I'd prime then shoot.

As for the body, are you lookin for a gloss finish, or more of a flat finish to match your frame?

Ask fazer1sniper, he is one who has shown his talents in the area of painting/fabbing....

Last edited:
Question: Are you going for gloss or matte finish? Either way, prep is important. On the frame, get a green pad and rough it up. Clean it with a degreaser or just mineral sprits. Let it dry and rub with with a clean rag. Stick with one brand of paint, especially if its gonna be a rattle can job.The DupiColor from autozone and pepboys is of a good quality for can paint but it's almost all high gloss. Some of the reducers in differnt brands are noncompatible and could have a bad reaction. If you get orange peel in one part of the job it can spread like cancer and you're back to square one.

Sounds cool, keep us posted.
bg019.jpg

Back