Pc racing flo reusable oil filter

Has anyone heard of these oil filters and does anyone use one and if so what's your OPINION? Are they a good thing to use or for that fact to invest in one!

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co...ng_FLO_Spin_On_Oil_Filter_With_Housing_--.jpg

Here's a link to a picture of what I'm talking about!

I have heard of these and my thoughts are:

As inexpensive as a decent oil filter is I don't think I'd take a chance with a reusable one especially having to clean the darn thing when I could just prime and screw on a brand new one for like 3 bucks. I believe the part number for the Champion brand filter that everyone finds at Walmart is ST3717 if I'm not mistaken. If I am, someone will correct me. It doesn't say Champion on it but is made by them and has gotten really great reviews. Thats just my 2 cents on the subject.

An Air Filter like K&N's which is rechargeable is easier to clean and recharge but Oil??? I'm not looking to spend time cleaning that. Not to mention that it looks pricey. What do they go for?

Personally I think it's just another opportunity to be different. Even with the cost of OEM or K&N filters, you'd have to drive many, many miles to break even on the cost. And as Billy said, they are a big PIA to deal with. In the "old days" most filters were like that, you screwed off the top, or bottom, dropped out the filter and popped in a new one. Then, the industry decided to follow the auto industry with screw-on filters and it's been that way since around 1988 or so I would guess as the last bike I had with this old style was a 1984 900R Ninja. The last filter I bought of this type was for a 1981 Honda Goldwing and the damned thing cost me $8.00 and was probably worth about $1.50

Back