PCIII Or PCV?

What's the benefit of the PCV over the PCIII apart from the smaller size of the V?

Additional features like the ability to store two maps and switch to either one, Autotune, ability to customize map based on gear and a few others. I don't think most people really have much use for the majority of the "new" features. Oh and one downside to the PC V is that the ignition module (customizes timing curve) is not available for our bikes yet. With all that being said if you just want the basic ability to remap then either one will work. I just prefer the PC V for it's smaller size, which helps with the mounting on our bikes since space is so limited.

From what I've gathered through research the auto-tune is plagued with problems and is basically a failed deal now. Get the PCv for the smaller size and hope that dynojet gets the ignition module for it, but I can't find any time frame for that other than rumors.

I like the sound of the ability to run two maps, that may have some interesting potential.

I thought about the Autotune but I can't really see any value in it for what it costs!

From memory, there wasn't much space for anything on my previous FZ1, so the smaller size will be a bonus!

PCV has the accelaration pump feature.
Try this ,you will be inpressed!
Engine Accelerates much better with this feature on!

By the way I loaded from dynojet site the original map for PCV european model Leovince open.It is a good map ,but i need to compare it with another custom map of known performance.

I have PCV,Open Filter and Aibox Mod,Leovince Factory open Slip on,no FCE and Flies yet.
I have a permanent solution instead of FCE!!
Ivan please don't get me wrong.

My mechanic loaded one custom map but when i switched on the original Leovince open map,bike was pulling much harder at midrange and was richer everywhere.Not shure if better at top end rpm,it is hard to say.

Note that bike pulled 136 PS with the PCV,Leovince Slip-on,Open Filter but before Airbox Mod and with Mechanic's Custom map

After that did the airbox mod my self and bike was pulling even harder at low (2000-3000rpm) and midrange. I saw a lag from 7000rpm-up so i put 6% more fuel everywhere from 60%-up throttle and 6000-up rpm's ,of course on Leovince Open original Dynojet map
Now i just have to try it again on track today.
But for shure i will dyno it.Still have to try FCE and Subthrottle plates.

Please i would like to see a custom map of yours then we can compare the data.
But to be honest, Dynojet's Original PCV Leovince Map is very good!
Need something better although!

My E-mail Address: [email protected]

Europe, Greece

Last edited:
Same price, newer model. I bought PCV.

BTW, I have an '08 and if you follow the guidance on DJ's site, they say the PCV is only for '09 and newer. However, I know there is no difference btwn '08 and '09 parts which interface with DJ's Power Commander. I suggested to the tech DJ's prohibition for pre '09 models was a marketing decision, i.e. they have a bunch of PC III's they need to sell. He reluctantly told me I was correct. PCV will work on all Gen. II's

 Reduced size from PCIIIusb (less than half of the size of PCIII)
 USB powered from computer (9 volt adapter is no longer needed for programming)
 2 position map switching function built in (map switch not included)
 Gear input (allows for map adjustment based on gear and speed)
 Analog input (allows user to install any 0-5 volt sensor and build an adjustment table based on its input such as boost or temperature)
 With gear position input connected the PCV is capable of allowing each cylinder to be mapped individually and for each gear (for example: on a 4 cylinder bike with a six speed transmission there could be up to 24 separate fuel tables).
 Unit has a -100/+250% fuel change range (up from -100/+100%). This allows more adjustment range for 8 injector sportbikes
 10 throttle position columns (up from 9 on PCIIIusb)
 Enhanced “accel pump” utility (increased adjustment and sensitivity ranges)

Installed yesterday. Didn't notice a great deal of difference, but then I have stock exhaust (for now) with K&N filter. However, I did perceive quicker response to acceleration input as well as no more bog down at the 4-4.5 K RPM.

From what I've gathered through research the auto-tune is plagued with problems and is basically a failed deal now. ...

What do you mean by, " is plagued with problems and is basically a failed deal now."

I don't think DJ is discontinuing their Autotune.

Anybody using Auto Tune with success?

Last edited:
Back