Phoenix/Scottsdale/Mesa ride on 11/27/2013

Hi all,

Myself and David323 are looking to plan a ride on 11/27 from either Mesa (power road & Thomas) up Bush Highway, then up to Payson or from Fountain Hills (Shea blvd and 87) to Payson. Then from Payson to Strawberry to Camp Verde and then back down to phoenix. I think total route is right around 225-250 miles. Probably leave around 10, have brunch in Payson, then make our way back home.

If anybody is interested post here or PM me and we'll hopefully have a great time.

View attachment 12945

Did I mention that I was jealous??? :ugh:

Well you do live in the greatest city in the world and you do have the entire upstate area to explore in good weather (I went to Ithaca College so I know how gorges it can be). So when I'm sweating my nuts off in a cage in the summer, I'll think of you. LOL

If/when I get my new business up and running well, I plan on having a fleet of bikes, and anybody can fly in whenever for a ride.

I want to go. It 14° here so I think I hate you. lol j/k. stay safe

You know I've been contemplating leaving Phoenix for about 4 or 5 years now. And something has always kind of kept me here but I just didn't know what it was. I tell you what it is, The motorcycling. And after realizing how you guys all have to suffer up north for most of the year while we really only have 3-4 Hot months that a short hour ride up north and it's all cool and wonderful in the middle of the summer. I'm sorry for ya. There are a lot of cheap homes down here if you're ready to move. I'll be your tour guide.

Sure, Arizona is dry and warm, cost of living is cheap, you have lots of space, there are nice roads near by... but you guys are missing out :)

Sure, Arizona is dry and warm, cost of living is cheap, you have lots of space, there are nice roads near by... but you guys are missing out :)

Thanks Dustin, I grew up with that but just down the road in Seattle. I'm over it, and the Seasonal Affect Disorder that I didn't realize I had till I moved here and was no longer a miserable depressed bastard. But, tell you what I haven't been up that way in 7-8 years and I should visit my family sometime soon. If I go up there it'll be in August (best month up there) and I'll ride up to Vancouver just to shake your hand. Deal?

I'll buy you some sushi and take you to the only good road we have nearby!

Yes, I love sushi. There are only 2 really good places in Phoenix. The expensive place gets it flown in from Japan. The other from LA. But probably is the same because it goes to LA from Japan first anyway.

My new business partners are gonna be pissed when I'm telling them I'm taking two weeks off this summer.

Back