Picked up a few goodies

I ran with my son out to both Harbor Freight and Cycle Gear yesterday morning. I could never go into those places without leaving empty handed. I picked up a Vacuum Brake Bleeding Kit from Harbor Freight which looks pretty cool.

dcp_4454.jpg

Over at Cycle Gear I was going to pick up an Airspeed Mesh Jacket which was on sale this week, but they didn't have my size. Instead I walked out with a Progrip Gas Cap Kit in carbon fiber to go with my tank protector. Then I saw a carbon fiber license plate frame, new Gel - Grips with some Scott Grip Glue, Copper Grease to clean my EXUP Valve, and some No Fog for my visor. I just love that place. Now I got some things to install.

dcp_4450.jpg

Moved to this thread from your reply on the other one...Glad you are feeling better and getting back into the swing of things. Things are O.K. here,unemployment is a double edge sword...time to work on the projects, just hesitant to bankroll them:eek: I am getting to spend some quality time with my two boys (and my wife) and thats been fun.
I have those same grips in black and grey that I have not installed yet, get those on and report back.;) My bike also came with that carbon fiber gas tank cover and tank protector, but they are not in good shape. Think those will come off with just a hair dryer or will they need some liquid motivation?
I am working on a set of rims this week, was going to spend the $ and get them powder coated but with no job now I have altered the plans. I am painting the center hub and spokes with a hammered finish, then stripping the round outer rim down to the metal and will polish that up. I figure at best they will look good for a season or two until I can afford to do something better...at worst I've learned some things and have kept myself busy. I've taken some pics and will post them when the job is done...need some warmer weather to do the stripping in the garage though, may not be until mid next week.:waiting:

I truly feel bad for you guys, honestly. I've done the unemployment thing more than once in my life and I know that no matter how much more time you have with your family, it's better to have a full paycheck each week. Keep your head up brother. You and your family stick together in these hard times and it will make you guys that much stronger, thats for sure. Things will turn around, lets just hope it's not too long. I'm praying for ya!!

P.S. Will get pics on ASAP. Maybe Saturday.

Well, my thoughts as well go to you Chipster and to individuals who have fallen under not so good times. I hit a dry spell where I had a two year vacation -- still had a job, only b/c I'm self-employed, just no jobs to do for they were in the process of being finalized.

Have to say that I like the little bag of goodies you've recently picked up. Especially the Brake bleeder. The MightVac is all plastic, and very simple to break (just ask any 3 year old) but still functions.

As for the rims -- I'm very interested to see the results for that is on my short list of items to "think" about doing.

BroHay

BroHay

NY, you know my birthday's coming up...................er uh........if you ....uh, you know, if your feeling, well......generous................lol...lol..lol
ps. mines blue........

Back