plug and play?

Does anyone actually know when an exaust co. says there slip on is plug and play,do they mean with or without silencer? When say,scorpion shows a dyno graph on unmapped bike,was it run with or without silencer?Does anyone wonder about this?I installed a scorpion on my 09,came with the silencer in. runs great,feels a little quicker then stock,went from 35 mpg to 38mpg.Today I pulled out silencer.The bike is louder,no real change in power I can tell at least,and after about 100 mile round trip to the beach got over 39 mpg.Im just wondering how much leaner over stock it is now ,if at all.

I've never really heard the term "plug and Play" used in reference tp a can, but I magine they mean you take off the old one and install the new one, however, when you take the old mufler off a Gen II there is more to it than just the muffler. My MIVV for instance had a mid pipe as well and the directions for working around the EXUP valve.

Never heard plug n play either but gen 2 aftermarket exhaust with scorpion means disconnecting exup cables I drilled the cat out too.better pull from 3000 revs most def from 4000 compared to original.If you pull the packing out the bike will be better on bhp but noise will be an issue and maybe throttle response.

Back