Potential classic/collectible's.

Fz1fighter

Just wondered if anyone has a collection of bikes that they keep for potential future profit? Or any bike you think might become collectible in the future. I've been looking at a couple '88 gsxr 750/1100's and a few 893 fireblades with the sole intent of keeping them stock and holding into them for possible profit in the future.

I think you need to pick something rare. When RZ500s came out a lot of people bought them for future classics. An immaculate one now in Oz will bring about 15k which is about what these people paid allowing for inflation. Unfortunately my father sold an Ariel square four for peanuts. They are now worth big $

I have a 1989 GSXR750RK (also known as the RR), one of only 500 built for the Japan Cup sat in my living room.

I bought it about 11 years ago knowing it was a future classic and stashed it in my house about 7 years ago.
Next year it officially becomes a classic and the value is rising...

Blanchy- my reasoning behind the old blades/gixxers is that ya hardly see them on Aussie roads, making them relatively rare- I'm under no illusions that I'm gonna get rich. It's more just a hobby with possible profit potential

Cant believe I missed this topic... Oh yeah I love my old bikes, I have a few. I enjoy tinkering with them. I can say that they will bring quite a bit more than I paid for them. I think that anything you can get with original bodywork, paint and not modded to bad you can at least break even.

Back