Power Commander Map Questions

Duken4evr said:
Sure! Go to town.

I will see if I can find another host for the map pack.

You have permission to post them. :tup: Thanks Duken!

I know the pack is 300k but can they be split out into individual maps with descriptions, zipped up and attached that way? I can also ask Dennis to up the byte count for ZIP attachments... ;)

??'s on custom maps

So I'm looking through some of the custom maps and I've gotta few questions before start playing with them:

Does it really matter what slip on you have on there??
Does it matter if you have a full exhaust vs. slip on?
Would a gutted cat make up for a full exhaust?
Do you need a ignition module to run maps with the factory pro igntion?

Thanks for the help:cheers:

Some quik answers

1) slip ons will all be about the same when using the stock header.

2) there is a big diference in mid range gains with the full system. A gutted cat will get you about or the same amount of upper RPM performance but will leave you about 10 hp shy of a full system in the middle.

3) a ignition module will help smooth out the engine and gain you about 2 hp.

First, thanks to Aaron for the KB bump and then Admin who gave us PDF and zip file sizes upped to 50MB each max UL size!!!

Pete, I moved all the posts to this new thread save my OP. I will sticky this thread as well and keep the other clean by moving questions here. Thanks all!!

PVM vs. PC3 files??

What's the difference in these files?? I have noticed I can open the PC3 files but not the PVM? Are those just maps for the PC V??

Also to fun these maps that have adjusted ignition time do I need the PC Ignition module? Thanks I've finally decided to figure out all this Powercommander stuff and quit paying people to do it lol

Also to run these maps that have adjusted ignition time do I need the PC Ignition module? l

You can still use those maps that have a ignition table included. You will just be using the fuel table.

So those maps will work they just won't adjust timing without having a ignition module.

Awesome thanks thats what I was guessing but wasn't totally clear.

What is everyone's feelings on the ignition module, Worth what they are charging?

Awesome thanks thats what I was guessing but wasn't totally clear.

What is everyone's feelings on the ignition module, Worth what they are charging?

I just got one but need to install it. Seems most people agree you see little to no gain at peak power. A few hp lower and mid rpm range. You should have better throttle response and cooler running with a good ignition map.
If I did not plan on running a quick shifter I may have not have purchased the ignition module.

Hey, I have an 07 with the following mods:

-Lars airbox
-K&N air filter
-Scorpion slip on
-Ivans FCE
-Ivans throttle plates
-AIS removal/block off
-Graves velocity stacks

Does someone with these similar mods have a PC-III map that I can have or does anybody know which Duken map or other map I should use for the best results to start? A custom tune just isnt in the budget right now besides I still need to add the ignition module when the wife lets me have my credit card back :eek:

Hey, I have an 07 with the following mods:

-Lars airbox
-K&N air filter
-Scorpion slip on
-Ivans FCE
-Ivans throttle plates
-AIS removal/block off
-Graves velocity stacks

Does someone with these similar mods have a PC-III map that I can have or does anybody know which Duken map or other map I should use for the best results to start? A custom tune just isnt in the budget right now besides I still need to add the ignition module when the wife lets me have my credit card back :eek:

You can try the stage III maps from Duken.

" Stage I – Slip on only, otherwise stock bike
Stage II – Slip on, cat gut, airbox mod, stock secondary butterflies
Stage III – Slip on, cat gut, airbox mod, secondary butterfly mods (small or none)
Stage IV – Full exhaust, airbox mod, secondary butterfly mods (small or none)"

OK...s I finally fitted my Arrow full exahust so now I have

Arrow sloping with full exhaust
Air box mod
Descreened air filter
Ais blocked
Stock flies
No face

When I look at full exhaust maps they all seem to have the fce ....does it matter?...what should I use?...thanks guys!!!!

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk 2

my Setup today afternoon will be

PC-V, Lars Airbox mod without rerouting the cables, BMC Filter, Akrapovic Slip on, Stock Flies, Cat not gutted!!

So my question is, can i use the duken stage II map although my cat is not gutted? couse i need it here in germany.
can the map do any harm to the cat?

Best regards :)
Dan

Back