problem with gopro recording

fazertazer1

I got a gopro a while back and have used it a few times but ever time I use it it randomly stop recording. Usually after a few minutes. The longest I've got it to record it about 11 mins.

I did some research and it says to use a class 10 speed or higher sd card. I've been using a class 6 64gb. Just ordered a class 10 64gb.

Has anyone had this problem and will the class 10 fix this problem?

Thanks

Yes, I had the same issue until I bought the Class 10 cards. Be careful buying cards too. Some claim to be what they are not. Buy where you can put your hands on them of from a place with 100% return policy. Many knockoffs out there that have been relabeled.

I got a gopro a while back and have used it a few times but ever time I use it it randomly stop recording. Usually after a few minutes. The longest I've got it to record it about 11 mins.

I'm running a Hero2 and had the same problem when operating with an LCD back but it stopped when I set the LCD settings to "shut off: never". Since then, I've upgraded to a wireless back and have no issues. I use San Disk SDHC cards.

I had an issue with my first Hero 2 where it wouldn't record for more than 1 minute. The fix was to download the latest firmware and reload it manually. Don't use the web installer wizard. Download the firmware file from gopro and copy it to a blank sd card. If that doesn't fix the problem, it could be the card. If it's still under warranty, gopro is really good with returns. Tell them what you've tried and they'll pretty much just send you a new one. I had mine warrantied because it wouldn't record in ProTune mode and the screen had 2 lines of dead pixels.

I did some research and it says to use a class 10 speed or higher sd card. I've been using a class 6 64gb. Just ordered a class 10 64gb.

Has anyone had this problem and will the class 10 fix this problem?

Thanks

It's the data transfer rate of the SDHC cards. The common Walmart cards are Class 4 and you need Class 1/Class 10 (2 different rating systems) cards.I've been there, done that..

I had an issue with my first Hero 2 where it wouldn't record for more than 1 minute. The fix was to download the latest firmware and reload it manually. Don't use the web installer wizard. Download the firmware file from gopro and copy it to a blank sd card. If that doesn't fix the problem, it could be the card. If it's still under warranty, gopro is really good with returns. Tell them what you've tried and they'll pretty much just send you a new one. I had mine warrantied because it wouldn't record in ProTune mode and the screen had 2 lines of dead pixels.

Protune requires fast data rate cards. Nothing to do with the latest firmware.

Back