ProMolly Fork Seals?

AndrewM87

I have a dilemma! Has anyone ever replaced their fork seals on their Gen 1 and they leak worse than the old ones did? They were the Pro-Molly seals and they are noticeably shorter than the stock and they slid in nicely with our PVC tool.

They are leaking horribly and I installed them correctly and no they were not damaged on the install but we are going to double check on that when we take them out.

Anyone ever have this problem?

every single set of aftermarket seal I ever installed leaked immediately... didn't matter which bike... didn't matter the year.. didn't matter the brand of aftermarket seals.. EVERY SET leaked...OEM is the ONLY option when it comes to fork seals...

I've looked online last night for some time to try and find an online place that sells OEM Yamaha Fork Seals to buy but had no luck. I was able to find the part number..4TX-23145-00-00. Bike Bandit doesn't list them either. They have all the other bushings but not the seals. Can anyone send me a link to a place that has them. I'm going to do my fork oil and since I have a really small amount of oil coming through the right side seal, I want to change everything at one time. Thanks.

I've looked online last night for some time to try and find an online place that sells OEM Yamaha Fork Seals to buy but had no luck. I was able to find the part number..4TX-23145-00-00. Bike Bandit doesn't list them either. They have all the other bushings but not the seals. Can anyone send me a link to a place that has them. I'm going to do my fork oil and since I have a really small amount of oil coming through the right side seal, I want to change everything at one time. Thanks.

As stated above PartShark is good. I've been getting my parts for my YZF1000 from these guys:

Cheap Cycle Parts

Prices are great and shipping is fairly fast. Plus they are one of the only ones that actually have the parts catalog online for my YZF. I just looked online and they have all the seals and metal slides that you'll need for the job.

Last edited:
Thanks Aaron/Tony. I knew you guys would come through for me. I'll have to get everything ordered this week coming. I got a couple of things done today of which I'll post once the photos and video finish downloading. Thanks again!

Back