Putty road death 22/2/2014 NSW

mrjessehlee

Found this on youtube and thought I'd share it.

lets be careful out there.

-------------------------------------------------------

For everyone from beginner rider to experienced road racer, If you decide to watch this video please realise how unsafe it is out there on the roads. THE ROAD IS NO PLACE TO RACE!

The following 15 minutes is a graphic account of a motorcycle accident that I witnessed over the weekend. I explain exactly what happened and the things that I believe attributed to this riders passing. Please be warned if this is not something you want to see please turn off the video now!

I think I can speak for all of us when I say that we are sorry for the loss of a son to the father and that our prayers go out to the rider and his family.

The rider was killed just after midday on Saturday 22/2/2014 on Putty Rd N.S.W.
Please note the 4x4 driver in the following footage was not at fault at all and was actually traveling under the posted speed limit.
I have intentionally cut out the moment of impact from this footage and it will never be seen in public so do not ask.

Please be warned that the following footage may turn you off riding a motorcycle forever and may make you question whether riding a motorcycle is really worth it.

Seeing this in front of me may have potentially saved my life in terms of changing my riding style and identifying risks on the road... I hope that this will save yours also.

Read Description First Before Watching (Ratings Disabled) - YouTube

Sad story but an important message for everyone. Thanks for posting it. Whenever I rode with my son, I always told him beforehand to ride at his own pace no matter what, and never to try and keep up with anyone he's riding with if he's not able to. I would still worry like hell about him while we were out and it was very exhausting for me. I'm kind of happy now that he has more interest in driving his car than a motorbike. It must be terrible for a father to lose his son that way. Very heartbreaking indeed!

I've already seen this somewhere before you posted here.. Are you on Reddit too?
Edit: Nevermind I just noticed you said you found it on Youtube.

Last edited:
Back