Quickest / Simplest R1 Fork & Shock Conversion?

Gav

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for your help with upgrading the suspension on my bike. Can you tell me which R1 Forks & Shocks are the easiest / simplest / cheapest to fit to a 2009 FZ1N.

2004 (5PW) forks look very similar to the standard ones but are they a direct fit?

Same goes for the rear shock - which R1 shock is easiest to fit with minimum hassle?

Any help / advice you can give would be much appeciated!

Cheers ....... Gav

04-06 R1 rear shock with Satan666's rear shock adapter. he sells kits as well. if you dont want to upgrade your brakes, do 04-06 R1 front forks. otherwise if you do 07+ you need to do brake calipers as well (which is a good thing) but will require spacers or r1 rotors as they are 10mm off fz1 rotors.

shock

ok. the r1 conversion seems to be the way to go. But I have a question. What is the difference between the r1 and r6 shock and has any one tried this conversion on the Gen2 fz1. BTW ( not fz related) but I installed a r6 shock in a 08 GS500F did the race tec front springs and transformed the suzi into a VERY fun bike to ride.

ok. the r1 conversion seems to be the way to go. But I have a question. What is the difference between the r1 and r6 shock and has any one tried this conversion on the Gen2 fz1. BTW ( not fz related) but I installed a r6 shock in a 08 GS500F did the race tec front springs and transformed the suzi into a VERY fun bike to ride.

2015-2016 R1 shock, adjust bottom ride height adjuster 5mm out to 320mm, remove 1mm from each top shock bush and it will bolt straight in, no adaptor required. And cut regulator tray to reposition it 40mm at the front to clear reservoir. Will post pics soon, easiest and no stress conversion and transforms bike while giving you adjustable ride height at the bottom of the shock.

Back