R1 in traffic!

Yeah, well unfortunately he's not the only idiot who rides like this. It reminded me of a guy I saw YESTERDAY. I was on a group ride in the Texas hill country and ended up with 475 miles on returning home... At the end the ride as we break off to go home, I see a guy weaving in traffic, spitting between cars at high speed, etc... (granted, we are in a fast group, but still it is crazy to see that in traffic.)

It's dissapointing, for one, to see if you have ever seen what happens WHEN bad stuff happens in such a scenerio. It ain't pretty.

Last edited:
Man, watching the video all I could think is one random move by any of those cars and he's a big mess on the road. I mean, the guy can ride, no doubt. If I tried a stunt like that I'm pretty sure I'd pile it in, but he is leaving a lot to chance. Not smart.

I have daydreamed of doing that while in traffic and been behind someone doing 2mph faster than the other lane, but I'd never really do it. (of course, the FZ1 won't hit 186mph anyway). I hope that guy learns and grows up a bit before he kills himself or someone else.

I was once sitting on a 2-lane road on a long straight behind a police cruiser doing 55mph on the dot with nobody oncoming, in front of us, or behind us. Although I would never, ever, actually pull a stunt like this, there was a tiny little part of me that wondered if the cop would think it was as funny as I would if I subtly clicked down to first, drifted lazily in to the oncoming lane, and then pegging the throttle wide open and touching redline through 4th (it looked like there was room) without even looking over at him. I bet he wouldn't think it was funny at all, and I bet his radio is way faster than my bike, but I'm sure it would have shocked the crap out of him all the same.

Standard disclaimer: I do not condone illegal atctivity in any for, and as anyone can see in some of my other posts, I think that baiting and taunting the police is stupid and inappropriate. In this case, although I would never act on the feeling, I recognized the humour in the following combination of factors:

1) The car was very obviously a police cruiser.
2) There were absolutely no other cars around.
3) The road was arrow straight for at least a mile ahead.
4) The incredible acceleration of the bike ensured that a Crown Victoria would look like it had not even begun to accelerat no matter how hard a standard issue uniform boot was mashing the throttle in to the carpet.

Please do not interepret this irresponsible daydream as encouragement to go out on a motorcycle and act like a hooligan.

This is a guy from my neck of the woods and it was all over our local news when it happened. Big, black stain on our motorcycling community

This happened in April and the video quickly went viral. He was arrested in July.
Oh it gets better - the whole reason this guy got nailed is because he posted this video. LOL It lead to a warrant for his arrest.
Here is the write up:

Canadian Man Responsible for Viral Video Showing a Motorcycle Speeding 186 MPH Charged | Video | TheBlaze.com

Canadian wanted in YouTube 186-mph motorcycle ride surrenders - CNN.com

Saanich police said Scott, if convicted of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle, could be sentenced up to five years in jail.

Here is a pic of his bike:

186MPHR1.jpg

Last edited:
I have daydreamed of doing that while in traffic and been behind someone doing 2mph faster than the other lane, but I'd never really do it. (of course, the FZ1 won't hit 186mph anyway). I hope that guy learns and grows up a bit before he kills himself or someone else.

My FZ1 will surpass 186 all day long. Your FZ2... well I can understand.

This is guy is just playing with his life and others. We all make bad decisions on our bikes but this is just plain stupid and selfish. So he crashes and kills himself, what about his family that has to deal with the loss. What about the innocent driver he may hit that now has to live knowing they were involved i a mans death. A violent death at that. Those images stick with you. Working on an ambulance, I have seen many horrible motorcycle accidents and i can still see the pictures in my head today. It's unfortunate all the way around. For everybody. :banghead:

This is insane, the guy is clearly touched in the head. The fastest I've ever gone is 145 on I-95 a long time ago on my 87 FZ700. That bike was so heavy, that it went in a straight line no matter what.

The FZ1 will touch the 160's maybe (true speed). I saw 165 "indicated" down the back straight at Road Atlanta. It requires quite a bit of road to get to those speeds.

Maybe I'm just lame, but I have never pushed my bike hard into the high triple digits on the highway. Scares me lol. However I loveeeeeee getting my bike fully leaned over in the corners. To me that's where the fun is.

CA Lane Splitting

Watching that guy makes me cringe!

The young guy on a Rice Rocket doing even 55mph between cars makes me ill.

I commute to work on Monday and Thursday on the FZ1. We can go up 39mph in CA slitting lanes.

I do it all the time at Rush Hour 5pm, everyone is going 15mph and I am at 25mph.

The bozo doing 55mph+ is an accident waiting to happen.

I do not have those skills at 60 years of age, so I follow the CA rules and only do 10mph over the going speed limit.

:surrender:

Back