R1 or FZ1N Streefighters?

Thought it was gonna snow up here at one point this arvo. Spent day in the garage, didnt get near the FZ1 though.

It was a garage Easter for me. Oil changed the bike etc. as I mentioned. Oil came out like black filth - 5000km's. I was a bit shocked at how dirty it was, like what I'd get from a car oil change. Using Motul 5100 10W 40. Do you have a preferred oil? Adjusted the alternator belt on my Mazda 323 Astina also - took ages. Had every 12mm spanner and socket I had out just for a simple adjustment. The A/C belt was easy. There's just so little space to work with under the bonnet. I have a Pajero as well and the same job takes a few minutes.
The red R6 - looked again... now it's R1. It does look like an FZ1N except for the swing arm and fuel tank panels. But it has the side panel that the key goes in for seat removal so I feel it is an FZ N model as you pointed out. I should look closer before I post. Cheers.

G'day Fangn. The red one is an R6 actually, according to the caption with the photo. This weather sucks!! I'm going for a ride on Thurs. or Friday. Cheers.

The red one is most definitely an FZ1N, it is the Abarth model.
Look at the frame, tail, headlight etc.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zejh06eA_Q"]Yamaha Fz1 Abarth Assetto Corse - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
It was a garage Easter for me. Oil changed the bike etc. as I mentioned. Oil came out like black filth - 5000km's. I was a bit shocked at how dirty it was, like what I'd get from a car oil change. Using Motul 5100 10W 40. Do you have a preferred oil? Adjusted the alternator belt on my Mazda 323 Astina also - took ages. Had every 12mm spanner and socket I had out just for a simple adjustment. The A/C belt was easy. There's just so little space to work with under the bonnet. I have a Pajero as well and the same job takes a few minutes.
The red R6 - looked again... now it's R1. It does look like an FZ1N except for the swing arm and fuel tank panels. But it has the side panel that the key goes in for seat removal so I feel it is an FZ N model as you pointed out. I should look closer before I post. Cheers.

Spent the day wiring battery & charger into camper today.Was meant to service 4wd but couldnt be bothered. Didnt get to fit the R1 shock this weekend so will try next week.
I also use Motul in the bikes, mine had just been serviced before I bought it & I havent knocked up the km's yet. Will have to do at least a 12mth oil change soon though.

I have a 02 fz1 and I love the street fighting look! I don't know what to buy to get the look I'm searching for.. Like taking off the mirrors and remounting the headlights.. Can anyone help?

Browsing the net today and found these R1 streetfighters. Mean looking machines. Thought they were FZ1N's..........but these have R1 specs. Any thoughts??

FZ1n with 04 r1 engine

aprill09013.jpg

aprill09011-1.jpg

waiting for my frame to come back from welding , then i can start my rebuild , unfortunatly the fz1 engines got to go back in for now:frown:

Back