R1 rear caliper on FZ1?

Try fitting as new rear master off the r1. You can pick them up for buttons on eBay. I put one on my 86 tzr 250 . Back brake is like an on off switch now. The bolt holes are all the same the rear masters are all the same aswell. Just different internal sizes .

They are all the same fit. You might have to swap internal adjuster bar but it's only held in with a cir clip . My brembo 1 was off an 08 r1 . It fitted my 91 fzr 1000 . Then went on to my 86 tzr 250. I paid 30 for it . And it was mint. Rear line will cost you 25 30 . There is no flex in braided lines so the hose doesn't expand when brake is pushed. Unlike oem rubber. Gives more of an oomph when braking.

If you go to fowlers parts . Find your bike and check part number for your part it will give you an option to find what other bikes use the same part. . The list isn't definitive but it gives you a good guide.

They are all the same fit. You might have to swap internal adjuster bar but it's only held in with a cir clip . My brembo 1 was off an 08 r1 . It fitted my 91 fzr 1000 . Then went on to my 86 tzr 250. I paid 30 for it . And it was mint. Rear line will cost you 25 30 . There is no flex in braided lines so the hose doesn't expand when brake is pushed. Unlike oem rubber. Gives more of an oomph when braking.
08 R1 MC and HEL lines ordered .. many thanks !

Next step for me, New braided hoses and Serviced and Ceramic Coated R1 2006 caliper (few internal titanium bits)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201111_090944.jpg
    Screenshot_20201111_090944.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-20201108-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20201108-WA0003.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG-20201108-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20201108-WA0004.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 12
Yummy. That's a good hour to fit and bleed. Will be a really great Back brake. . Ive braided lines all round on my fz. The rear brake wasnt great on my bike even with the lines fitted. I noticed this from the day the bike arrived. A small adjustment to the pedal height sorted it right out. Turns out previous owner only used back brake. That's a no no . I rarely use the rear. Front is usually all I need. And that's the one you should mainly use anyway.

Yummy. That's a good hour to fit and bleed. Will be a really great Back brake. . Ive braided lines all round on my fz. The rear brake wasnt great on my bike even with the lines fitted. I noticed this from the day the bike arrived. A small adjustment to the pedal height sorted it right out. Turns out previous owner only used back brake. That's a no no . I rarely use the rear. Front is usually all I need. And that's the one you should mainly use anyway.

Both brakes are there for a reason

Last edited:
I love spannering. It's the only thing that keeps me sane. And love to see other people do the same . I get a bit giddy if I'm not doing something. And I'm new to the fz. So learning all the time. My other bike is a tzr 250 . 1986. First year of production with early frame number. I built it as a keeper . Keep us posted on your progress. 20200313_105950.jpg

Back