r1 shifter arm

Hi all. For those of you running an R1 shifter arm on your FZ1, I'm trying to figure out what year of shifter will work. I'm running a 2003 FZ1. So, any ideas on what year of R1 shifter arm will fit w/o further modification/fabrication? Thanks!

let me say.. don't drive yourself nuts over getting one, and don't spend more than $20 on one.... it's different, but I didn't find it nearly as awesome as many will have you believe it is.

But... here's the part number for the one you want... I believe it's 01-03-ish?

#5JJ-18112-00

Thanks va_rider and WolfTamer. I need to replace my shift arm/lever (was bent in a slide). But the upper linkage is fine. I was thinking of replacing the whole linkage to get the shorter throw, but I could also just replace the lever. It's much easier to find a replacement for an R1 than an FZ1, so I thought I might go that way, and get a foldable lever in the process. I found this one on ebay (Yamaha R1 04 05 06 07 08 Shifter Shift Pedal Forged Aluminum Polished Folding | eBay) but couldn't figure out if it will fit on my 03 FZ1. I think it might though.

IMHO one of the best bang for the buck mods I did to my '01. The '5JJ' is the correct part, however it needs to be 12 digits-5JJ-18112-00-00. Looking it up on RonAyers.com reverse part # search shows it was used on '01 R1 and '09 R1. I also suspect the -00-00 has been updated to -10-00 or -00-01, still the same part tho. Short, precise, effortless throws.

doing the R1 arm deal will remove some slop in the shifting. making it easier to shift.

DO NOT spend more then about $20usd for the arm.
easy mod. but it is one that can be lived with out if you are not into quick shifting.

doing the R1 arm deal will remove some slop in the shifting. making it easier to shift.

DO NOT spend more then about $20usd for the arm.
easy mod. but it is one that can be lived with out if you are not into quick shifting.

What about the link rod rubbing against the frame opening? did you bend the rod or grind a little off the frame? what is the correct part number for this mod.
Thanks

Back