radiator / cooling fan

Just want to make sure all is ok. My new '05 has 9700 miles. I started it and let it warm up and about 2 min later the radiator fan came on. Didn't think anything of it. Went down the road about 2 miles and saw the coolant light was on, then it went off and never came on again. Anything I should check or be concerned about?

Just want to make sure all is ok. My new '05 has 9700 miles. I started it and let it warm up and about 2 min later the radiator fan came on. Didn't think anything of it. Went down the road about 2 miles and saw the coolant light was on, then it went off and never came on again. Anything I should check or be concerned about?

Behind the right side rear cover below the seat is your coolant overflow canister. Make sure that it's at the full mark. If not, add some coolant there. You don't have to fill it straight into the radiator. If thats good then remove the right side fairing insert by removing the three screws. Underneath is the radiator cap. With the bike cold, remove the cap and start the bike. After a minute or so you should see the coolant circulating in the radiator neck. If it looks really low then you could add a small amount of coolant there as well. Make sure to close the cap before the engine gets too warm. If all checks out then I wouldn't worry about it. The fan on the GenI bikes comes on when you first start the bike all the time. It's a normal occurance. Once the bike is shifted into first gear it shuts off. Thats the way it works so don't get nervous.

Back