Raising footpegs

Taking my FZ1 to the track in a couple of months, and as I've already scraped my pegs when taking streetturns (antenna's have already been removed), I'm investigating options to have my footpegs raised...any idea's/suggestions?

explain your riding style.... are you hanging off of the bike? Knee to the pavement? coming off in a straight line? #1 Fix for dragging pegs is improving your riding position... other than that, you can buy some rearsets.... they run between $400-$600 and will allow you almost infinite adjustment of your pegs....

rearsets

i,ve got gilles rearsets on my 2008 fz1.i,ve set them as high & as far back as possible.they are not uncomfortable riding normally but i,m 5ft 4.you would never scrape the pegs.

Taking my FZ1 to the track in a couple of months, and as I've already scraped my pegs when taking streetturns (antenna's have already been removed), I'm investigating options to have my footpegs raised...any idea's/suggestions?

WOW, dragging pegs on street turns? You ride waaaay more aggressive than me! Tonight I tried to lay my bike over enough to touch the peg on the ground. It was much lower than I would ever lay it over. I could see that on the track maybe, but on the street??

Love to see pics of your track day!!:D

explain your riding style.... are you hanging off of the bike? Knee to the pavement? coming off in a straight line? #1 Fix for dragging pegs is improving your riding position... other than that, you can buy some rearsets.... they run between $400-$600 and will allow you almost infinite adjustment of your pegs....

My riding position can indeed improve,that's why I'm taking it to the track where I'll follow some lessons on day1.:eek: No I'm not dragging the knee, maybe I'm trying too hard, but I reckon not doing it right, and as my pegs start scraping, kinda always at first instance pulling the bike back straight...The turns where they scrape are 90° to 140° turns left and right, speed at 60 to 70km/h.

Proper body position and riding style will help dramatically, although if your a rider with some solid experience you'll most likely drag at the track anyways. Just think of leaning off of the bike as a way to keep your bike vertical as possible. That side stand is gonna drag on ya as well.. may want to remove it prior to getting to the track. as most tracks will require it be off anyways.

Vario footpegs

cheaper solution from Vario footpegs. 8 different positions for about $175. Thay also have a brilliant solution for different handlebar positions. Just google vario footpeg:thewave:

Back