RavenRider Gen 1 Carb Stuff Video

Last weekend, Cruzman and I rejetted my 05 FZ1 (Baby) using RavenRider Gen 1 Carb Stuff. Since I am more a visual learner, I decided to video the process. I didn't bother to include some aspects of the install in the video because Pat's Site already did it.

Once you get the carbs pulled, drill out the mixture screws to 3¼ or 3½ turns.

The next steps are shown in the video: drilling the slides, shimming the needles, changing the main jets, and adjusting the floats.

RavenRider Jet Kit for Gen 1 Yamaha FZ1 - Video

We ported the boots but the video is no better than the pictures that can be found in the how-to thread.

Finally, we modded the air box cover. I wanted to video that, but Cruzman disappeared into the shop and returned with a rough cut while I finished porting boots and cleaned some screws. I have riveting video, but I'm keeping that to myself.

To do it,
1. Flip the cover over and make a cut across the center of the snorkel, down, stopping at the bottom of the lid surface. Make a second cut down the lid so that the front 1/2 that would be on the carb side of the snorkel is removed. Clean up all edges with a scrapper or Dremel tool to remove any loose material.

2. Drill a 1-1/4" hole through the cover on the center of that snorkel area. That would be in the intake horn actually right over the area where you just removed 1/2 of the snorkel.

DSCF3642.JPG

DSCF3641.JPG

3. Cut the grommets off of the rubber cover and use them to reinstall the side covers. You can discard the remaining part of the cover.

Once all that is done, re install the carbs. Next, adjust the throttle cable, sync the carbs, finally adjust the tps and you're all done.

Back