Rear brakes are not working Rear caliper mounting bracket not in the right position and cant adjust it properly, never seen this before.

I noticed my rear brake all of a sudden wasn't working, thinking it was air I bled it multiple times and the lever felt great but the rear brake still didn't work, figures it would be a seized piston but when I pulled it off I saw this and I wasn't able to adjust the bracket so idk why tf this happened.

Attachments

• 20240702_225050.jpg
    20240702_225050.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240702_225109.jpg
    20240702_225109.jpg
    700 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240702_225155.jpg
    20240702_225155.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Looks like the last time it was reassembled the pads weren't seated all the way down in the bracket causing them to wear partially and then stop making contact with the rotor.
I tried and made sure the pads were seated all the way but the bracket is way high so I'm gonna try to see if I can adjust it but I swear it was seated in the right spot, just super wierd.

I tried and made sure the pads were seated all the way but the bracket is way high so I'm gonna try to see if I can adjust it but I swear it was seated in the right spot, just super wierd.
Sometimes you think you have it but it's not quite there. They will kind of click into place when they're right.
I'll take a picture of mine tomorrow and post it up if that will help.

Sometimes you think you have it but it's not quite there. They will kind of click into place when they're right.
I'll take a picture of mine tomorrow and post it up if that will help.
Thanks I appreciate it, I've been workin on bikes for years and never had this happen that's why I was so confused 🤣 hopefully I'll get it correct.

Back