Removing Cat From Header Pipe ?

with the new emmisions laws in the uk will you have to replace the cat/header pipes to pass an M.O.T. test? or is there a way round this?

From what I understand there is no need for a powercomander to be fitted. I guess this mod' releases a bit more power.
I find my bike to be much better in the mid range as far as power, I guess its a result of a few small mod's adding up.

Is there still a big difference when you removed the cat from the header and are running with an aftermarket silencer compared to a full exhaust swap (inclusive headers)?

Running with a akra silencer and removed cat from headers, curious there's still a reason to go to a full akra-exhaust>

Is there still a big difference when you removed the cat from the header and are running with an aftermarket silencer compared to a full exhaust swap (inclusive headers)?

Running with a akra silencer and removed cat from headers, curious there's still a reason to go to a full akra-exhaust>

The top end power of full exhaust vs gutted stock header w/ slip-on is similar. Where you really notice the advantage of the full exhaust is in the midrange. Can easily be 8-10 HP in that range.

WATCH THIS, IT WILL EXPLAIN IT ALL IN SIMPLE CONTEXT. (WATCH FROM 5min 45sec) !!!!)

ENJOY

SETH
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om3ZvUqKnfQ]YouTube - FZ1 Video Tutorials - Exhaust[/ame]

I'd love to do this mod but will it pass an MOT ?

Have any of you lads from the UK that have done this mod, put your bikes in for an MOT yet, and did it pass???

Bump

I read somewhere there´s o2 sensor eliminators, what´s the interest?
Following the copperdawg video is there any light that will turn on, or any problems with the sensor?

Back