Reviving WI/Il

I live in Racine, Picked up one a couple of days ago...I ride with and R6 guy and cbr1000 guy who live in Kenosha, and we are always looking for people to ride. We LOVE excuses to ride to Chicago...go to bike nights in Ill as much as possible. Will be in Chicago this weekend on bike for Gospel fest. So hit me up...we ride whenever possible lol you know how short our summers are here in the midwest :-/

I'm in east central IL between St. Louis and Indy on I-70. I've been considering a trip to the Galena area. I've heard there are some nice roads around there. My brother-in-law is in Milwaukee and rides a 1970's BMW. He teaches metal's art at the U of Wi in Milwaukee.

I don't know when a trip up your way might happen, but I'll try to post up here if it does. If you make it down to the land of flat, look me up!

:welcome: and congrats on the new ride. We all love pictures!

I'm in east central IL between St. Louis and Indy on I-70. I've been considering a trip to the Galena area. I've heard there are some nice roads around there. My brother-in-law is in Milwaukee and rides a 1970's BMW. He teaches metal's art at the U of Wi in Milwaukee.

I don't know when a trip up your way might happen, but I'll try to post up here if it does. If you make it down to the land of flat, look me up!

:welcome: and congrats on the new ride. We all love pictures!

Thanx! Will put up before and after pictures once my accessories come in :)
right now we are working on a day trip to the Wisconsin Dells. Lots of twisties up that way! I will keep you posted, it would be a Saturday morning start and back that evening, maybe take in a show up there and heading back...who knows? Was just in chicago this weekend for a festival, by car it takes a little more than hour...by bike? somewhere around 40min....you do the math! lol.

Thanx! Will put up before and after pictures once my accessories come in :)
right now we are working on a day trip to the Wisconsin Dells. Lots of twisties up that way! I will keep you posted, it would be a Saturday morning start and back that evening, maybe take in a show up there and heading back...who knows? Was just in chicago this weekend for a festival, by car it takes a little more than hour...by bike? somewhere around 40min....you do the math! lol.

I used to drive from Chicago to Racine quite often for business. About an hour or so.

I used to ride up in the Dells/Wisconsin River Valley often. Nice roads and lots of twisties from Dodgeville north.

I used to drive from Chicago to Racine quite often for business. About an hour or so.

I used to ride up in the Dells/Wisconsin River Valley often. Nice roads and lots of twisties from Dodgeville north.

Yes, the twisties, waiting for the weather to clear up here so we can plan a ride....

It's about four hours from where I am now. I think a long weekend would be nice to go there again and see the House on the Rock once more (saw it for the first time nearly 40 years ago).

Yeah I think our get together tomorrow will be off, looking at the forecast mate.

The Bloomington area forecast is showing a less than 20% chance of rain. But that could be subject to change at any time. Champaign forecast has a 40% chance in the afternoon.

I say go for it. Either way I'm planning to ride up to my place in Chicago on Friday, got a few appointments to meet. (BTW: Traffic sucks in Chicago, you really need to have your best defensive game on.)

Last edited:
The Bloomington area forecast is showing a less than 20% chance of rain. But that could be subject to change at any time. Champaign forecast has a 40% chance in the afternoon.

I say go for it. Either way I'm planning to ride up to my place in Chicago on Friday, got a few appointments to meet. (BTW: Traffic sucks in Chicago, you really need to have your best defensive game on.)

Very True!

Not much activity here. But I'm usually ready to ride in the general Northern Illinois area and lower Wisconsin...especially around the Chain o' Lakes area near Fox Lake.

Alexd

Back