Rode Over 370 Miles Yesterday

I rode the bike with my son down to the Jersey Shore yesterday. We had an absolute blast. Richie and I rode into Long Beach Island around 9:00am and headed north to the Barnegat Lighthouse. Built in 1857, it was truly amazing. There was alot of history there. We walked the 217 steps to the top and got a spectacular view of the entire island. After that we headed to the southern most tip of the island and found ourselves on the beach. There were guys surf fishing and catching some sun. We had lunch on the mainland and then headed back north. I dropped my son off at the house and then ran another 48 miles one way to the Bear Mountain Bike Night. It was a long day but very enjoyable. It was the first long ride done on the bike. I am at work right now but when I arrive home I'll be posting some pictures of the day's events. Stay tuned......

Billy that sounds like a good practice run for your ride down to South Jersey in September. Glad you had a good time and the weather was nice yesterday.

Billy that sounds like a good practice run for your ride down to South Jersey in September. Glad you had a good time and the weather was nice yesterday.

Thanks! Oh definitely. September won't be a problem as both are about the same distance away from me. The ride Wednesday actually seemed much quicker than it I thought. The weather was brilliant! Couldn't have asked for more. Now if I can get those three days in Sept. rain free, I'll be all set.

These are some of the photos taken yesterday. Enjoy!......

DSC03060.jpg

DSC03061.jpg

DSC03072.jpg

DSC03081.jpg

DSC03092.jpg

DSC03096.jpg

DSC03105.jpg

DSC03117.jpg

DSC03118.jpg

DSC03123.jpg

DSC03141.jpg

DSC03145.jpg

DSC03142.jpg

DSC03144.jpg

Here is a couple of shots of the Jordan Suzuki that was at the show.

DSC03181.jpg

DSC03180.jpg

DSC03179.jpg

Here is a Kawi 1200 that had all the bells and whistles....

DSC03166.jpg

I might have year round riding capability.....but from what I've seen for sights and roads, the East Coast has New Mexico beat hands down!

Thanks for the pictures of your outing ....especially the bling bling kawi 1200 :drools:

How hard is Richie buggin ya for his own set of wheels??

Adam

Tell him for every 1000 original videos he finds -- it'll earn him a part of the bike....least you know he'll be staying outta trouble.

I've got my youngest already buttering up dad -- only 4, so I can imagine what you are going through...

Back